Why do I suddenly feel like Im starving 5 wks post op? Ty family

mahogany357
on 8/8/11 4:32 pm - KISSIMMEE, FL
Anyone's help or explanation is greatly appreciated. My stomach keeps actually growling with thar normal hunger sensation ...any suggestions plz
missjann
on 8/8/11 6:54 pm
Lots of stomach noise is normal and it lessens over time.  I think the hunger
sensation comes back at different times for everyone.  If I think I'm hungry, I
always stop first to think about it and decide if I'm really hungry or if it's just
time to eat, head hunger or craving, or am I just thirsty?  Space your meals
so you're eating something every 3-4 hours.  Good luck!
    Jan

krislbt41
on 8/8/11 8:59 pm - Center Line, MI
I was having hunger pangs like a week after my surgery! Still have them, but I try to follow the 30-30 method that they told me at the seminar I went to before surgery.  Eat, then 30 mins. later drink, 30 mins later eat....it's kind of hard to do especially when if I eat something that makes me full and I don't want anything else till an hour or hour and a half later....then I drink crystal light or water.  Then an hour later I eat something.  So for me being almost a month out the 30-30 method is not really working.  You've been out longer than me, so maybe when you eat something eat something with some substances that will fill you up like oatmeal or what I do is make instant potatoes and take my homemade chicken soup (fat-free chicken broth, and northern beans, both canned, and grilled chicken strips.  Everything goes into the blender so it can be pureed) I put the soup in a bowl and when I make my potatoes I add it to the soup.  When I'm ready to eat it I take a couple of spoonfuls and put it in a small bowl, put the bowl in the microwave for about 1 min. add salt and pepper and enjoy....it keeps me full for about an hour, then I drink my liquids.

gabbyabby
on 8/8/11 11:44 pm
I am still pre op, however I read somewhere on here that some people take Prilosec becasue the noise and feeling is actually stomac acids.  Check with your NUT and see if they think that could be your case. 
D-J
on 8/9/11 12:03 am
i take prilosec,,my doctor put me on it when i left the hosp,,he said it coates and protects the pouch from stomach acid to prevent ulcers until the pouch adjusts to it's new size while healing.i eat three times a day and shakes and water in between,,most times if i am feeling like i am hungry i drink a few sipps of water and it helps aliviate that feelng till meal time.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views