Six Week Follow Up

Ithocles
on 8/9/11 4:50 am
 Hello All,

Life has been really busy and I haven't been on in a while to say hi.  There's no short way to sum up what these past six week have been like.  There have been some challenges, and anyone going into this should realize that there will be a few bumps in the road.  However, I would do it again in a heartbeat.  Including the weight lost in the liquid diet before surgery, I've lost 68 pounds.  Amazing!  I'm no longer taking insulin and I hope to soon be taking less of my medical for lipids and blood pressure.  I've had to replace my wardrobe, thanks to goodwill and friends I've made here and at home.  I could go on and on.

What are my biggest challenges?  I have such a positive attitude about things, I sometimes hate to talk about the challenges because I don't want people to get the wrong idea about this journey.  However, we are talking reality here.  I did lose my positive attitude a bit when they had to postpone my surgery due to H Pylori, but it was just a small dip.  Other than that, just minor challenges.  There have been a couple of times since the surgery where I've just wanted to eat and couldn't.  Not pouch hunger or head hunger, just wanting to eat.  I've eaten too fast a couple of times, which only resulted in some discomfort, but discomfort I do not want to repeat.  And the heat!  Here in Oklahoma it's been blazing hot and it has been a darn good excuse not to exercise too much.  I am getting started though and will be getting a lot of use out of my YWCA membership.  I do have a goal to meet.  I'm going to fun the Tulsa Run 5K in October 2012.  By golly, I'm going to do it.

Well, that's about it as far as catching up with my surgery.  Life with my partner is great, work has slowed down a bit finally, I've finished my two summer courses in stats I was teaching, I'm taking my last class this semester and my dissertation is serving as the academic hazing that it truly is.  Other than pets, shopping, and the occasional estate sale, that's my life right now.  And it is so amazing, even more so with less weight.

Take care all, and thank you for helping me through this journey.

Warmest Hugs,

Danny

Trish S.
on 8/9/11 5:42 am - Upstate , NY
Congratulations Danny!!!! 68 pounds is fantastic!!!!!  I hope I do as well as you do......You must be sooo excited and proud of yourself....as you should be!!!  Congrats and keep up the good work!!!!

-Trish
“I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it.?

Ithocles
on 8/10/11 2:59 am
Thanks Trish!

Most Active