what time to take meds?? Poet Kelly..andrea...Vitamin girls??

aclay
on 8/11/11 12:45 am - MA
Hello,  I'm so confused. I 'm not sure if I'm taking these correctly or if I'm missing something or cancelling something out because I feel 100 % drained.  (also is it true we only absorb 500mg of calcium at a time? If not i can switch to take 2 pills of citracal petities for 800mg

This is my schedule:

Early AM:
Subligual liquid Bcomples (with b12)
Prilosec
Biotin 5000mg
Citracal petites (calcium citrate + D3 (400 mg)  I take 1 pill
Centrum Silver multi

late morning:
Citracal petites (calcium citrate +d3 (400mg) I take 1 pill

Afternoon:
Citracal Petites (calcium citrate +d3 (400mg) I take 1 pill

Night:
Iron (ferrous fumarate 45mg) 2 pills

late night:
Citracal Petites 1 pill again before bed.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

poet_kelly
on 8/11/11 1:16 am - OH
It is true that we can only absorb about 500 mg calcium at a time.  Guess what, though?  Those Citracal petites only have 200 mg calcium per pill.  I know the bottle says 400 mg per serving, but if you read the lable carefully, you'll see a serving is TWO pills.

Your schedule is fine, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

aclay
on 8/11/11 1:55 am - MA
Thank you so much!!!!!!  I really appreciate the help.  I have my 3 month f/u next week and i'm going back to old post and going to bring her all this updated material about the correct brands of iron/calcium /multis you have helped me with.  They just told me to take optisource/vita for calcium.  So maybe they have alot of pt's w/lab problems...this would be why!!!  (Duh..I didn't even look at the dosage of 2 pills)  Thanks again!!!!

losing-jennifer
on 8/11/11 2:19 am
I made the same mistake with the citracal petites. Now I down three at a time for 600mg x 3 times a day. I know we can only absorb 500mg at a time but they are harder to swallow if I cut them and I don't want to take them 4 times a day. You may find the same thing.
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

vitalady
on 8/11/11 5:46 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I don't see A, D, E , K, zinc

or enough iron to do any good.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

YankeeRose
on 8/11/11 12:24 pm - Meadville, PA
Michelle, how much A, E, K and zinc do you recommend? No one has told me to take those vitamins. I do take dry D3 in addition to my multi's and calcium citrate. I get B12 inj once a month. Should I also be taking a B complex? Also my doc said I don't need iron because I am in menopause, is this true? Thanks.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Dot T.
on 8/12/11 12:19 pm - Bartlesville, OK
My nut said even post menopausal and men need iron.  18 mg daily taken w/ vit C.  Women who mensturate need more.
YankeeRose
on 8/12/11 11:31 pm - Meadville, PA
Okay thank you!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op