Thank you Lisa!

SkinnyHusband
on 8/11/11 4:30 am
Hello again.  I hope you all are having a wonderful day!

My husband is on day 3 of his 2 week pre-op liquid diet.  It's a clear liquid diet with 3 or 4 protein shakes a day.  His surgery is scheduled for Aug 23rd. 

For the most part, he's doing well except he is extremely tired.  He hasn't been as grouchy as I expected.  I've also noticed that he turns the A/C up a notch or two later in the evening.    I'm guessing this is because his body is wondering why the heck he's trying to starve!!

I want to call out a co-worker (I don't know her user name on OH).  She had RNY about 4 yrs ago.  She has been my go-to person since my husband began this journey.  She has given us many samples of protein supplements and vitamins, and very helpful advice to help him get through this 2 week pre-op diet.  She's the one who told me about OH. 

I have found a lot of useful info on OH, but it has been a blessing to have Lisa just down the hallway to talk to when I have a question. 

Thank you Lisa!!

Michelle
(SkinnyHusband's wife)
jazzycatz
on 8/11/11 6:00 am, edited 8/11/11 6:01 am - Joppa, MD
Glad you have someone close to turn to.  That has to be great.  And I'm so happy to hear your husband is doing well.  I had a 2 week liquid pre-op diet and it is pretty tough.  But by the time I made day 3 it was getting better.  I think my head finally realized it wasn't going to get any solids so the terrible hunger went away.  I just took it one liquid meal at a time. 

I hope he stays on the non-grouchy side.  :-)  It will be over before he knows it.