Am I really doing this....running???

Cassandra Cooper
on 8/12/11 3:26 pm - Hermiston, OR
Reaching my goal weight has been amazing and this last few weeks I am running. Last year I couldn't even do 3 minutes on an ellipitcal machine and now I am running 2 miles 3-5 times a week. This last week I finally hit a 10 minute mile on the elliptical and doing 2 miles in 22 minutes.

While vacationing at the Oregon Coast these last 3 days I decided to take my first outdoor run on the beach with my daughter, her BF, my sister and my niece. We did 2 miles in the hard packed sand. It was awesome and I felt so alive, strong, proud and in awe as I enJOYed the beauty of the ocean waves rolling in next to me! 

What a year this has been! 
enJOY
Cassandra

http://www.cassandracooper.com/wp/ {my blog}

HW 276/ SW 250/ CW 146/ GW 155

wynter57
on 8/12/11 3:34 pm - Panama City, FL
Congratulations to you!! You must feel great to be able to run and feel like a human being!!!

VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

redhotengine1
on 8/12/11 4:10 pm - Clayton, NC
What a great feeling!  Congrats to you!  I just started the Couch to 5k program with my WLS support group.  I'm amazed that I can fun at all! lol

Come visit my blog...www.losingmyinhibitions.wordpress.com

Michele816
on 8/13/11 3:28 am
I have dreams in which I am running-not away from anything, just for the sheer freedom of it on a sunny, perfect day!  Right now I have such a large panni that running just sends everything flopping and flying.  It is definitely something I am going to try after I have my hernias repair/tummy tuck surgery.  It will likely be sometime in the next 6-10 months.  Kudos to you!  

wendy3223
on 8/13/11 3:57 am
 isn't something as simple as running so wonderous!  Congratulations 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views