Old Habits die hard..

Mary V.
on 8/13/11 6:00 am
RNY on 04/26/11 with
Hi all,

i have been fooling myself. I weigh and track what I eat. I just don't think I am giving myself the best quality all the time. I had some complications and still battle with low potassium. I drink more Gatorade them 8 oz a day but its usually during and after exercise. I like to eat lunch meats with mustard. I swear I woke up from anesthesia with a mustard fetish. I buy low fat ham, turkey. I have been eating mostly protein my entire 3 months post op. I do eat other meats like chicken, tuna, pork. I got into eating tortilla shells as a sandwich, I know that they are more then I should have. But my habit says, "at least it isn't bread." I get the lowest carbs and lowest calories possible. 18/80 each. Usually 3 times a day. I do that. When I have a quantity of something I eat it until its gone. So 1/2 pound of ham lasts a little more then 2 days. I do eat other things like cheese and yogurt. I eat veggies once in a while but am gun shy because I have had some really not agree with me. I am not up to fruit yet at all. I have notes for my nutritionist and I work with my therapist. I have been having mad cravings since I am mid cycle. Oh yeah, I need to tell my surgeon, "thanks a lot buddy, now I am regular" Yes that is sarcasm you hear. I have struggled from the beginning with drinking and timing. I get so thirsty after I eat that it is difficult to wait the appropriate amount of time before I can. I think somewhere in my fuzzy little head I told myself have a drink and flush your system. I just need to cut the crap. I lost some of my discipline. Time to remind myself that I made a promise to me.

Thanks for listening,

Mary~

Laugh out loud...it does a body good   
oblack1994
on 8/13/11 6:25 am - vancouver, WA
Hey there Mary! Sounds like u are doing great! LOL I can't wait to they advance my diet so I can eat Meats!! I need some protein!! RIght now I am on soft foods only, and they advanced me early because of a road trip later tonight I have to take! LOL So better not complain uh?
Keep up the good work!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics