Pain on left side..

oceansunset70
on 8/16/11 7:51 am - RI
Ok had surgery on last monday 8/8/11 and got my drain out today i still have this ackey pain on my left side i asked the nurse and she said it was normal...and i asked how long does this last she said to me a few weeks..

I actually would like to know has anyone ever exsperience this type of pain more like a pulled muscle type of pain..if i more if feels like it pulls and if so how long does it really last..im getting close to 60 grams of protein a day in so that cant be it..

thanks
pam
joddav17
on 8/16/11 8:06 am - Bellingham, MA
Pam,

I also had my surgery on 8/8/11 and got my drain out this afternoon.  I have the same pain on my left side too!  It looks like we are going to have to wait it out and see what happens.  I was told that it is nothing to worry about and should subside soon.

Jody
Suzanne Gottschalk
on 8/16/11 8:40 am - Columbia, MO
As I've understood it, that is the side that the stapler goes in, so more stretching occurred. Also, there are stitches that will dissolve and it will hurt until they do. I wore a binder for probably a month because of the pain then one day I woke up without it!
MastoDon
on 8/16/11 8:58 am - Los Gatos, CA
Sounds like one of the normal consequences of having four or five hole*****hed in your abdomen.  The pains will be a memory in a week or so. 

But there'll be other things that will get your attention. 

Have a great journey.

Learning to swim was easy.  The hard part was getting out of that burlap sack.  Those rocks were heavy.
High: 310    Surgery day: 282     Goal: 190     Current: 178

Kathy B.
on 8/16/11 9:38 am - ME
Yes that is where the stapler went in and my Dr said there is a nerve bundle located in the area so that is why it is painful and feels like a pulled muscle. It took 3-4 weeks for this left sided pain to disappear for me!

VelvetCrush
on 8/17/11 1:02 am - Nazareth, PA

Hello.

I had my surgery 3 1/2 weeks ago and experienced soreness especially on my left side.  Two weeks after the surgery the pain felt like spasms when I sat - got up from sitting - got out of bed etc.  I called my surgeons office a few times and was told it is an inside suture that is pulling and you need to be patient until it desolves.  This week the pain has subsided somewhat but I am very careful in how I move - getting in and out of chairs, the bed, even the toliet.

I've asked for an extension on my disability from work because I have a hard time walking. In week four things are starting to feel better.  I pray your pain passes quickly for you.

Best of luck.

lorichovanec
on 8/17/11 11:51 am - NY
i had my surgery on august 2nd. i have this awful burning feeling from my belly button to my left hip area. i cant even walk to the bathroom with out the burning feeling. has anyone had the burning feeling? it is unbearable.
Most Active
Recent Topics