I see YOU...

ladybugnessa
on 8/17/11 12:51 am - Owings Mills, MD
So many newbies I think I'll just do a new intro and say HI to all the old gang...

GONNA TRY to come back a bit but here's my update and brief BIO.... I'll grab new pics later from facebook.

I'm Nessa.
I'm 51 now.
I had RNY  9/22/09  nearly two years ago (how time flies)
I weighed 256 the morning of that surgery but I'm a mere 5'2" (and 1/4 if I stand very tall)
I had an adominalplasty and a mastopexy  (tummy tuck and boob lift without implants) on June 23rd  when I weighed 150 pounds and lost  FIVE POUNDS of skin but went down two sizes (from a 10 to a 6)
SIX weeks after my tummy tuck I developed out of NOWHERE a perforated ucler (I was on vacation to boot) and after emergency surgery with an unknown but WONDERFUL bariatric surgeon (thank you for saving my life Dr. McPhee) in Lancaster PA I spent 5 days in the hospital trying not to die... and I lost another 10 pounds.   Now I'm up 2 pounds from my last known low weight and I weigh 137 pounds.   I am two weeks and one day past the perforated ucler repair.  Thankfully it was done laprascopically so I only have 4 tiny holes on my new flat belly.

Bigger changes:

my marriage did not survive WLS even though we both had it.   My husband moved out in early March. He is now involved with a woman who is larger weight wise than I ever was. Tastes do not change... He also still has serious self-esteem issues that I just got too tired of coping with.  He is happier with his new woman than I could make him. 

I  was involved with someone already (I was open and honest with both of them about this situation) and he and I are actually moving in together now.  He's a lifetime skinny guy so he's still trying to learn how to cope with my WLS issues.... small amounts of food, large amounts of supplements... a grouchy pouch... consitpation and the neceessary fiber and supplements for that as well as my constant fear of gaining...

My brain is still fat.  I think I want to lose another 2-7 pounds.. but then I'm crazy.

I'm thinking of going to the OH Conference in NY in October...  anyone else???
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

fatfreemama
on 8/17/11 12:59 am - San Jose, CA
Welcome back Nessa!  Great to see you doing so well, though I'm sorry to hear about the hernia.  Glad you had the PS as I know it really bothered you.  Sounds like you're doing great.

I'm starting the PS process, scheduling for Oct.  Got to repair a hernia so I'm doing the a LBL, thighs, and I don't know what it's called, but they'll cut up the stomach vertical so they can tighten the abs, remove loose skin and really sew up the hernia.

I've done 4 half marathons, 1 5K, and 1 12K and loving live.  Hubby and I took a vacation without the kids (they were busy with their stuff), first time in 17 years and it was one of the best vacations ever.  It was so nice to be so active and be able to do EVERYTHING.

Take care.
Jan
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

ladybugnessa
on 8/17/11 1:04 am - Owings Mills, MD
I wanted a whole LBL but the surgeon I had gets a better tummy if you do just the front first then the back later...sadly he told me yesterday I have to wait now a year.. he is very concerned about the ulcer healing properly....  my muscles were done with only a horizontal incision.   It's killer surgery and you will need a lot of help...

wow wow wo on the marathons!  I'm not really doing a lot of exercise right now.. unless you count packing up the boyfriend's apartment in PA and moving him to MD with me....   I am so glad to hear you are doing well...
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

fatfreemama
on 8/17/11 1:21 am - San Jose, CA
My surgeon is the opposite.  I hadn't even considered the rear but he said once I do the front, I'll be wanting my rear done because then I'll really notice it.  So I'm just letting him do it all.  My boobs look fine in a bra and my upper body didn't turn out too bad.  I was really putting it off because I do not really want to go through another intense surgery (8 weeks he tells me for recovery off work), but the hernia is getting to be more bothersome over time.  I've had to use my son's tylonel with codine a few times.  But now that it's coming up, I'm getting really excited to be losing the belly flap.  I just can't imagine what it will look like. 

And I'd say all that packing, bending, lifting, ... is a great workout!  Congrats on the bf.  He sounds like a wonderful guy.
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

ladybugnessa
on 8/17/11 1:41 am - Owings Mills, MD
I took six weeks off.. i do desk work I could have gone back after 3 weeks truly...   my thighs and butt now look ten times worse that my front is done but since I was seated during surgery (so they tell me) my belly is hard and flatter than when I was 20!  (he sits you up to stich you closed to get a tight belly it's awesome)....   maybe I'll get some pictures... but i'm still healing from the ulcer repair... I bet the hernia hurts a lot... get that fixed.  

he's a bit of a pill sometimes... he is learning that my belly pain is NOT IN MY HEAD... when he came to see me after the ulcer repair I looked at him in my drug haze and said "so how's that psychosomatic perforated ulcer working for you?"   He's learning not to discount my  "honey my belly hurts I'm going to lay down" and when I say I'm going to the ER I'm GOING!  Had we not gone I would have died.   He now has the fear of god in him when I'm in pain.
Nessa

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

fatfreemama
on 8/17/11 1:48 am - San Jose, CA
Wow, you think you might have found some less dramatic way to get him to believe you. 

I've had the hernia now for 2-3 years.  It's only lately that it's really been giving me trouble.  I go in next week for pictures so my ps can send it to my insurance, and we'll set a date for mid Oct. after Yom Kippur.

I don't know how he stiches me up, but I do know he puts in four layers of stitches.  And he's really good.  My WLS doc will be doing the hernia, so the two of them are working together, which they've done a lot of.

I'm doing my thighs mainly because of my tap dancing class.  I hate watching them jiggle so much when I dance.  And I'm looking forward to my pants fitting better and not being so tight there.

HW/SW/CW  349/326/176

SweetLilyAnn
on 8/17/11 1:04 am - TX
Hi Nessa:  What a great post.  Glad you are better and what a scary thing about your ulcer.  Are your loving your stomach and your new boobs?  Did it hurt?  LOL!!!!!

My big question:  How did you approach telling your new boyfriend about your WLS journey?  What was his reaction?  Did he have any concerns?  What was his response to....say...an old picture of you when you were heavier?  Just curious.  

You have done an awesome job!!! 

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

ladybugnessa
on 8/17/11 1:14 am - Owings Mills, MD
I love the new tummy (hate the four new holes but I'm very grateful that the surgeon was able to repair the ulcer laprascopically)... my boobs are so cute and perky and tiny... but they are still sore.. and the nipples are hypersensitive... so it's odd....

did it hurt?  it was the worst surgery I've ever had.  OMG... we use our ab muscles for everything including going to the bathroom...   I plowed through the vicodan let me tell you....

Jim is very supportive of my surgery... sometimes he sees me in pain and asks if we can have the surgery reversed.. I tell him I'll be FAT again... and he says he does not care... but he does.  I'm the smallest woman he's ever dated.  Did I mention he's only 38.....  I dont' even look like the old me my hair is different (used to be long and dark and curly... then when he met me it was Lucy red.. now it's a dark dark dark auburn.... more brown than red)....  I dressed differently...

He takes it well I never lied about it... he was with me before plastics so he had all the skin to deal with... I just never kept it a secret...
Nessa

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

curvaceousdiva
on 8/17/11 1:10 am - Hyattsville, MD
hey ladybug.  SOO nice to see ya back.  
Im definitely thinking about the conference in October. 
Im down to 123 and although I sorta NEED plastics mainly on my arms and thighs hell tummy too BUT it's not that bad, the fear of being MORE BONEY I refuse to even bother. 
Sorry to hear about your marraige but congrats on the newfound love. 
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
ladybugnessa
on 8/17/11 1:15 am - Owings Mills, MD
yeah I'm trying to keep my calories up... 135 is about my limit .. I think I'm a tad taller than you... and I am borderline bony at this point.. who'd have thunk it...

I need a roomie for the conference... I have a ride up however.
Nessa

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 442 views