Why am I so nervous?

SkinnyHusband
on 8/18/11 2:07 am
Why am I so nervous? 

I'm not the one having the surgery.  My husband is scheduled for next Tuesday (23rd/RNY).  This afternoon is the last pre-op appointment.  I think this is where we get the WLS Bible Binder (just made that up!)

He has been doing great with the 2-week liquid diet.  He made my daughter and I BLTs for dinner last night.  While we were eating, he made a joke about his SF red jello tasting like "bacon".  

Anyway, I just needed to get that off my chest.

Later,

Michelle
SkinnyHusband's Wife
chubblynomore
on 8/18/11 2:42 am - Canada
Change is harder.  So is facing the unknown.  Plus, if you care for someone you worry about them.  It's natural to be nervous.  I hid it, but I was terrified before surgery.  The fact that I was certain I was doing the best thing for my my family and me didn't help at all, but it did make me determined to push past the fear.  I just kept saying to my self "YOU CAN DO DO HARD THINGS". It was a little mantra for me.  When I woke up in recovery I felt sooooo relieved that I was on the other side and my life was my own again.
Chubblynomore!
SkinnyHusband
on 8/18/11 2:01 pm
Thanks chubblynomore.  So far he doesn't seem to be quite as nervous as I am.  Well, that's not quite right...he's nervous not knowing how much pain he will be in.  The pre-op appt went ok.  he's lost 15 lbs since he started the liquid diet. 

Michelle
maggiet
on 8/18/11 4:37 am - Durham, NC
you know, I think I'd have been more nervous if my husband had the surgery than I was having the surgery. I can understand. I would suggest you check out the Spouses of WLS Patients forum on here. Go to Forums --> Weight Loss Related --> More and it is toward the bottom of the list.

SkinnyHusband
on 8/18/11 2:03 pm
thanks maggiet.  I checked out the spouses forum.  not much going on over there.  as long as no one minds, I'll hang out here.  seems like there are a lot of friendlies on this forum.

Michelle