please help!

lorichovanec
on 8/17/11 12:01 pm - NY
my surgery was august 2nd, i know pain on the left side is normal, but i have this awful, unbearable burning feeling that goes from my belly button to my left hip. i have all i can do to go to the bathroom by the time i get back to my chair im in tears because the burning is so awful. is this normal?
Lisa R.
on 8/17/11 12:02 pm - CA
NO!  Go to the ER at the hospital you had surgery.  ASAP.

That is not normal. 

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
SweetLilyAnn
on 8/17/11 12:08 pm - TX
Agreed, go to the ER....... Pls be careful.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

jpm3jpm3
on 8/17/11 1:06 pm - IN
 I had a similar pain occur when I was about two weeks out.  It was an intense burning/piercing feeling.  The doctor told me that it was the internal stitches and the pain would go away....It did about a week later.  

I didn't have the pain at first, but once it occurred it terrified me!

YankeeRose
on 8/17/11 1:13 pm - Meadville, PA

My suggestion would be to call your surgeon and let them know. I did not experience anything like what you are describing.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

ccrooker99
on 8/17/11 1:54 pm - Altamont, IL
omg...I was just getting ready to ask the same question.  My surgery was also August 2 and have the same burning sensation on my left side.  I called my doctor and they said it was normal and will go away.  The  pain is unbearable and hurts to stand u and hurts to lay down.  My only relief is sleeping in the recliner so I am slouched down to sleep-.  I really hoe it goes away soon.
lorichovanec
on 8/18/11 12:13 am - NY
thanks for all the advice. im glad im not the only one with this pain. i do have my follow up appoimtmemt today at 1:30. i will let u know how i make out.
VelvetCrush
on 8/18/11 2:38 am - Nazareth, PA
I had my surgery on 7/22/11 after week 1 had the very same feeling and called the Dr who told me it was internal sutures.  Week 2 I was ok moving around more, Week 3 same pain - it took 4 days to calm down.  I'm now into week 4 and the pain is slowly subsiding. Still hurts to get out of bed.  I was terrified too and called my Drs office several times. Because I was not throwing up and was not running a fever they still are saying it is suture pain.  I see my surgeon next Monday so he can determine when I can go back to work.  Currently I have a hard time getting into the passanger side of the car and experience pain.

Good luck to you and I hope your pain diminishes.

lorichovanec
on 8/18/11 10:52 am - NY
i went to the drs today,saw the p.a. she's saying my pain is due to me mot having a bm in a week. she says it will go away after i have a bm. so far today i had tried 3 supposatories, 2 fleet ennemas, i had a 8oz glass of lemonade with 3 cap fulls of maralx. and still nothing. im gonna gice it until morning and if i dont go i will be callinf the dr, im so exhausted from sitting because im in so much pain i cant walk, and also exhausted from trying to go to the bathroom. ugh!
Most Active
Recent Topics