New to forum

jhn
on 8/21/11 3:56 am - Soddy-Daisy, TN
August 15th, had the RNY procedure. Having some trouble in getting all my fluid intake done. The 40mg of protein a day is first though! Will be checking this site, was recommended by the bariatric coordinator.
Gail S.
on 8/21/11 4:09 am - New York, NY
Welcome and congrats on your surgery! You will find a lot of great people here and a wealth of information. I know most people have trouble getting in all of the liquids each day. You may want to try sipping a bit all day or what I did was a sugar-free popsicle. That helped me get more liquid in. Best of luck to you!

jhn
on 8/21/11 7:05 am - Soddy-Daisy, TN
How did you calculate how to eat your popsicles?How many a day would you have,etc?
D-J
on 8/21/11 9:58 am
my sugar free popsicles are about 1 1/2 to 2 oz's of fluid and 15 calories
Amy W.
on 8/21/11 4:11 am - Bellingham, WA
While protein is important, you should actually concentrate more on the liquids right now. If you don't get enough liquids in you can become dehydrated very quickly which could lead to even worse issues very quickly.
Best of luck!

waist @ 29.5 in, chest @ 33 in, hips @ 35 in, thighs @ 21 in...inspiration can lead to greatness whether it comes from within or from others, rock it out girls and guys!   
D-J
on 8/21/11 5:31 am
jwestacoop is right,,liquids are vital right now,,but your protien shakes also count as liquids so your probably just fine,,,just keep sippin' away,,i was told by my bariatric center to get 68 grms of protien and 64oz liquids (every surgeon i have found is different),its hard at first but after awhile you get into a rhythm,,water,vitamins,food,more water and so on ,,,lol
maggiet
on 8/21/11 5:40 am - Durham, NC
Yep, it was way hard at first getting all my liquids in. In fact it wasn't until about a month out that I really truly was able to get all 64oz in a day. It helped to  drink Crystal Lights kind of stuff. One day I woke up and water just made me nauseous so I had to switch over. I had always hated diet drinks but tolerate these pretty well now. Expereiwment with cold drinks and hot drinks and warm drinks. Some swear by the cold, others swear by the hot or room temp. I tis so individual.
It is great that you are getting in your protein. Like anothe rposter said, those drinks count toward your 64oz of fluid a day as well.

Welcome to the site. I'm only 11 weeks post op and I have learned soooooo much form the postings here. I also use the nutrition tracker on here to track my daily intake of food and vitamins. It helps me keep on track.

Good luck to you!

TechnologyEducator_
MS

on 8/21/11 7:15 am - Brandon, MS
Congratulations on your procedure.  Mine was done July 26th.  This site has helped me a lot.  I tend to drink my protein supplements as early as possible.  I couldnt do this at first because they all seemed to feel so HEAVY in my stomach, but the CVS Whey protein doesnt do that so I can get at least half of my protein in as early as possible.  Another thing that helps me is drinking warm broth.  It goes down easier as well for me, plus it contains some protein (every little bit helps, right?).  I am also a huge fan of the sugar-free popsicles.  This helps me get liquids in.  It also helps me when I have a crunchy craving (who knew!).  Anyway, maybe something I said can help you.  Best of luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 294 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views