2nd weigh in since surgery

Shelly D.
on 8/25/11 4:14 am - Grandview, TX
I had RNY on the 10th and had my follow up on the 18th and had lost 19lbs. I have been on clear liquids and sugar free stuff. I went in today for another visit and had only lost 1 lb since last week. I am not complaing cause 20lbs in a lot in two weeks. It was just a little depressing since the first week loss was so much. Just looking for words of encouragment. HOWEVER I did get my staples out today so that made me a happy camper.

Thanks so much
Chickenboob
on 8/25/11 4:21 am - Rockland, Canada
20 pounds is AMAZING!!! Be proud! Your body will likely not drop anything for another week or two, but don't worry, that's normal. put the scale away for a few weeks and focus on healing and staying on track!

Congratulations again!

Kirsten

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

1948JOY
on 8/25/11 10:38 am - TN
Hi  I just had my  rny surgery on April 13, 2011.  You are doing good !  You are probably in a stall because I thought I should be loosing faster than what I was.  I would loose a couple pounds and then stay there for four or five days and then start loosing again.  I have read on obh line that some people have stalls that last for several weeks, so I thought I was doing good.  Just keep doing what you are suppose to and the weight will come off.  It's been over four months for me andI still don't get all my protein or fluids in but I am happy with my weight loss (70 pounds) You will have several stalls but the weight will come off. Good Luck
oblack1994
on 8/25/11 1:14 pm - vancouver, WA
Hey Shelly, Im happy to hear I"m not the only one wondering if the weight is gonna ever come off! I have mine on 8-3 and only 23 pounds down! I saw someone who was 30 lbs down and wondered wth!! I do know we all are different and to be patient as our body is learning the new us! I don't want to do it the unhealthy way so I am cool with the slow losing. As long as I see some improvement my next visit. WTG for only checking your weight twice. I do it at least once a week. I find a scale pretty fast! LOL