6 days post op

jojo3283
on 8/28/11 11:40 am - OK
So the first couple of days after surgery were OK.. had to had a blood transfusion since my body was not recovering cells as good as it should have after surgery, felt wonderful after that and the next day (Thursday) sent home. At home suppose to start protein drinks and Popsicles and broths n such. Then having issues with breathing Saturday night... thought it was gas pain... way wrong I have pneumonia now. but back to the point i am not getting an thing in except for water and sf Popsicles. What to do ?? or what have peoples diet plans been after surgery for the first few weeks ? Because i don't think that my body is going to survive on Popsicles. or am i just over reacting.

Doing this for ME !!!                 
      Highest Weight 260 / Surgery Weight 235 /  My Goal 160 / Dr Goal 135                  

FLJeepGirl
on 8/28/11 11:54 am

Right now your main focus is getting well and getting your lungs cleared out.  Keeping hydrated with sf popsicles and water is a start.  Also getting in chicken or beef broth will keep your energy level.  Also, sf jello as well.  Are you still using your aspirator?  Protein is normally our #1 nutrition goal, but at this point you may need to consentrate on your fluids.  Food stages will come over time.  My advice - call your surgeon first thing tomorrow and consult  your nutritionist - always follow their advice first and ours second :-)  I hope you feel better...(btw I was on full liquids for two full weeks per my surgeons orders)

Leslie
       Lap-Band 4.11.08                                     RNY Revision 8.1.11
       HW 276/ SW 259/ LW 219                       HW 283/ CW 218

heatherambrosia
on 8/28/11 12:34 pm - GA
Totally agree with Jeep Girl... hang in there and just get well. I'm only 5 weeks out, but I'm already struggling to remember those popsicle days so you'll be on your way before you know it!!
SW 343, Current below, Goal 160 & to start a family!11978920
onetopmason
on 8/28/11 12:34 pm
I agree with FLJeepGirl, the first few weeks its going to be hard to get much in so drink as much fluids as you can and try to get in the protein. I'm 7 weeks out and still struggle with that. I know its hard right now but trust it will get better. If you have any questions feel free to ask everyone here will help you. Keep us posted.
Pre-OP Starting Weight: 409 Day of Surgery: 372   CW: 245          
jojo3283
on 8/28/11 12:38 pm - OK
I am suppose to be on full liquids for 2 weeks after as well but it needs to include protein meal replacements (shake).  I have a sip or 2 and no more I dont know if I'm full or I just dont like them any more.

Doing this for ME !!!                 
      Highest Weight 260 / Surgery Weight 235 /  My Goal 160 / Dr Goal 135                  

Dan OBrien
on 8/29/11 12:28 am - FL
Hang in there.  I dealt with pain issues too, and the shortness of breath.  I am currently 29 days post op.  I spent a week in ICU with breathing issues and was released with fluid under my lung making it difficult to breathe.  I don't know if you have similar issues breathing but I couldn't lay down for weeks, had to stay up in the recliner to be able to sleep.  It will go away.  Keep walking, even though its hard, and keep using your aspirator.  Don't be afraid to nag your doctor or schedule more visits, anything to put your mind at ease.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.