Yeah!!! For NSVs!!!

Amy T.
on 8/28/11 2:59 pm - CA
I have really not been paying much attention to the number on the scale lately.  Been too busy.  However,  I have been noticing many NSVs this month...

I can cross my legs!!!!  I haven't done this for years!  I did it without even realizing I did it one day and my husband said, "HEY!!!!  Look what you're doing!!!"  

I go to school full time.  I went back last year when I turned 40.  I have always been uncomfortable in the desks,  as the seat and the desk are attached, leaving not much room for a 300 pound person.  I sat uncomfortably for sometimes 4 hours at a time during a lecture and the entire time being self concious.  I just started my fall term this past week and not only do I fit in the desk, there actually is room and I can sit sideways too!  HUGE NSV for me!

Friday I went to the movies and didn't have to lift up the arm rest inbetween me and my daughter.  I had extra room left over.

Just started buying shirts in the womens department, size XL.  In between a 16-18 pants right now,  and I can't believe it.  Life is good.

My daugher put her arms around me yesterday.  She said, "MOM!! I  can put my arms all the way around you now.... AND there's room left over" 

And finally..... I flew to Vegas a couple of weeks ago and as usual,  I brought my seatbelt extender.  Not only did I NOT have to use it,  but there was a little extra slack after I buckled.

I haven't been obsessing about food, which is a huge deal.  I haven't been obsessing about the number on the scale.  I have been focusing on getting strong and healthy.  Its hard to believe its only been 11 weeks since surgery.  I never imagined I would have so many positive things happen so early.

LIfe after WLS has been great so far.  I can't wait to see what the next 3 months have in store.

Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

SweetLilyAnn
on 8/28/11 3:39 pm - TX
Hi Amy, I am so excited for you. Those are great NSVs and congrats on going back to school. Life is looking good for you...ENJOY!!! You are living up to your motto Just awesome.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Amy T.
on 8/28/11 3:47 pm - CA
Thanks so much!  Appreciate the support!  Life is good for sure!   You're doing great as well!  Way to go,  you had surgery a couple weeks after me!  Go us!
Amy

SweetLilyAnn
on 8/28/11 4:25 pm - TX
LOL, GO US!!!! Things are going well for me and I am also trying to not obsess over the scale....as I get further out from surgery, the less that I have the urge to weigh - so I am looking for NSVs. Tonight I put on my pants that I wore prior to surgery and they swamped me. I have gotten rid of all of my clothes except those pants so I can compare when the scale doesn't move. You started out at a lower weight than I did so, I am looking forward to enjoying some of your NSV's. Thanks for sharing. I am right behind ya, sister

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Amy T.
on 8/29/11 3:17 am - CA

You will hit these same NSV's real soon!!!  Way to go with the old pants!  Its always a great reminder of where we came from!

Have a great week!

Amy

SilentSue
on 8/29/11 2:58 am
Congratulations!  Especially on not obssessing about the scale.  Wish I was there.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 442 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views