HELP ME

blessedandhighlyfavor
ed2010

on 9/1/11 1:12 am, edited 9/1/11 1:18 am - Little Rock, AR

OMG, I am 23 lbs from my goal weight. I am 9 mos post op and I can not seem to get to a 145 lbs. I went from a size 20 to a size 9/10. Will I ever see a size 7/8?  I exercise (run) about 3 times a week and I watch what I eat. I must admit I haven't been getting my protein in like I should. I have only lost 2 lbs since last month. I think I am loosing inches because I look smaller to myself but my scale is at a stand still. Somebody help me please!. I have hit a plateau. When will I start loosing again? Any adviice is much appreciated. I just posted new pics I took in August...so feel free to check them out.

wynter57
on 9/1/11 1:18 am - Panama City, FL
When people hit a plateau, I've seen folks advise them to up their protein which you already said you know you haven't been getting in.

So my advice would be to up the protein and follow your plan as far as protein first, veggies second and carbs last.

Also take a look at the calories you are taking in. If you are exercising you may need more calories, you may also need more water.

Good luck to you, sounds like you know what you need to do.

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

blessedandhighlyfavor
ed2010

on 9/1/11 1:21 am - Little Rock, AR
Thank you so much Wynter...I am about to go make me a protein shake now. Any suggestions on the best protein shake to drink?
ladybugnessa
on 9/1/11 1:40 am - Owings Mills, MD
I was still losing at over 18 months out...  I was size 10  (I'm 5'2")  the only way I got to a smaller size was to have 5 pounds of skin removed.  that dropped me down to a size 6....

Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

blessedandhighlyfavor
ed2010

on 9/2/11 10:45 am - Little Rock, AR
Really, wow because I have a lot of excessive skin on my stomach, arms and inner thighs. I am 5'2.5 myself...hmmmm I am definately looking into plastic surgery. My surgeon advised me that I would still continue to loose weight a year post op...wow I wonder what size I will wind up being? Hmmmmmm.....
siberiancat
on 9/1/11 2:37 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I didn't get to goal until 22 months post op.  I stayed on my program and have continued to lose.  No rush - slow and steady wins the race - so they say.

I keep a food log, make good choices and so far it works.  Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

nana60
on 9/1/11 2:57 am - CA
 As far as protein drinks, I like Costco's Premier ready to drink chocolate. They have 30 grams of protein and only 1 gram of sugar. I like them and keep them on hand at all times.
birthdaygirl
on 9/1/11 4:43 am - Lithonia, GA
I totally agree with siberiancat........my weight came off slow and steady and still coming off.......I also had to have a full tummy tuck to lose over 7 pounds of skin......

I have alot of other excess skin and you will hit plateaus....your body is adjusting to those new set points but losing inches will make you look even smaller.

besides that......I looked at your photos!.....you look amazing!....If you do not already model......you should......you take amazing pics!......................very pretty and congrats and relax .....you will make it to goal and at only 9 months out.......you will probably race right pass that number......for REAL!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
blessedandhighlyfavor
ed2010

on 9/2/11 10:51 am - Little Rock, AR
Thanks so much for the encouraging words....you really made my day. I have been working so hard at this. It has all been well worth it. You look amazing yourself and yes I am a camera hog...I love to take pics as you can tell....lol. Even when I was bigger I was always all smiles. Thanks again and please feel free to stop by anytime.
birthdaygirl
on 9/2/11 11:18 pm - Lithonia, GA
On September 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM Pacific Time, blessedandhighlyfavored2010 wrote:
Thanks so much for the encouraging words....you really made my day. I have been working so hard at this. It has all been well worth it. You look amazing yourself and yes I am a camera hog...I love to take pics as you can tell....lol. Even when I was bigger I was always all smiles. Thanks again and please feel free to stop by anytime.
Camera hog......................no......................a woman who wants to show the world another part of her inner beauty that was held down.........................yes!

I too have a 14 year old daughter, and a 19 year old daughter and a 4 year old daughter and they are camera hogs!

even my boys don't want to miss the flash!....lol

but anyway, enjoy the ride................you race at 9 months is definitely not over and please don't over shop......I made that mistake at 10 months out and ending up wasting over $2,000 on new clothes thinking I was going to settle at a12-14 but now I am a 6-8 with nothing to wear!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
Most Active
Recent Topics