rash cream

horkeler1
on 9/1/11 3:59 pm - Windsor, CO
what kind of cream or powder should I ask my doctor for?he told me to just get monistat 7 otc.well I need a presribration for the insurance company.and to document my rash history.he said thiers really nothing out there precription wise...which i know is bs because ai work in a hospital.I could ask one of the nurses but i wanted your opinion first.youve been there they havent you know,cathy
T. Deeds
on 9/1/11 9:08 pm
Are you talking about a skin fold rash?  I have had this before and my dermatologist prescribed Protopic ointment.  It was very strong, but very effective.

mellasmomma0709
on 9/1/11 10:20 pm - IL

I think I have gotten Nystantin before....?

Loving this new life, just trying to figure it all out and take it all in day by day!!!
psx chelly
on 9/1/11 11:18 pm, edited 9/1/11 11:18 pm
Okay, I have had a rash... let me tell you my experience.

Your Dr is feeding you a line of BS because there are many many many prescriptions for fungal rash.  There are so many different types available to you and your doctor.  I litterally have 3 different ones at home.  Get another doctor.  My skin Dr. told me that skin fold rash is generally a fungal rash.  You can get it anywhere the skin is hanging and rubbing and gets really warm and does not breath well.  You can take a shower 5 times a day and still get this.  Its because there is no air circulation.

I was told that you perspire, even a little, and if it gets irritated, you can get a fungal rash.  Usually they are red, the skin is slightly raised or puffy, and they sometimes burn.  While its healing, I was told to wear cotton clothes.  the cotton clothes will take some of the perspiration away. 

You can be prescribed different types of creams or ointments.  Creams are generally for skin that's exposed.  My skin Dr. told me that creams contain alcohol, that's why when you rub them in they "disappear".. but a side effect to this is that sometimes they burn if your rash is super sensitive and hurts.  I was also prescribed an ointment which doesn't burn and I used at night because it can sometimes get on your clothes, then you'll need to use Spray N Wash to get it off.

Sitting right here, I have a tube of Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream .1%  that's left over from when I was using it.  Its for a fungal type skin rash.  But be warned, there are soooo many different types of creams out there.

Seriously, if your Dr. isn't helping you, get another Dr.  Because what'll happen is that it will get worse and spread, then it will be unbearable.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 9/1/11 11:25 pm

Your doctor can "write a prescription" for an OTC cream and you can use it to get reimbursed from your medical spending account.  Same with vitamins but not for food such as Optifast or protein powder.

Winnie

vervetoloose
on 9/1/11 11:56 pm
It wouldnt hurt your argument for a panni if you needed to try several creams. Just have your doc document in your medical record what creams you are trying. Pics would help.

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

horkeler1
on 9/2/11 12:27 am - Windsor, CO
Christina135
on 9/2/11 6:00 am

Two words for you.

Coconut Oil.

Please.  Go get some. 6 or 7 bucks, and you have NOTHING to lose but your rash.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views