Nervous

Theresa P.
on 9/2/11 11:19 am - IN
I am having surgery on the 13th and I am not having doubts but I am just scared that I won't succeed!!

I start my pre-op diet on Tuesday and that had me worried because I have been trying different types of protein but I haven't really found one that I can tolerate on the liquid diet.

I guess in a nutshell I just need some reassurance and some advice for the protein diet before surgery!

Thanks all who help!! 
                     HW: 255 CW: 177 GW: 140

poet_kelly
on 9/2/11 11:30 am - OH
What kinds of protein have you tried so far and how are you fixing it?

As far as being afraid you won't succeed, well, I think most people have that fear but there is no reason to think you won't do just great.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ssgoodri
on 9/2/11 11:33 am
Hi-
Congratulations on your surgery date!!  I think I can say we ALL get scared (and I had doubts about the surgery in general) before surgery.  For many reasons, but one big one is not being successful.  All of us here have gone to the extreme to be successful and I am sure we will be.  Look at all the effort you have put in this far, this tool just helps reassure what you have already been doing (assuming you were required to diet pre op)..  You will do GREAT!

About the protien, first of all - I really like the protien shakes from my surgeons office (specifically made for them), you can purchase from their website (http://www.oregonweightlosssurgery.com/?p=47), I like the chocolate, the vanilla, and the strawberry kiwi drink - I haven't tried all of their products yet.  My least favorite has been the lemonaide so far.  Their shakes aren't terribly thick and if you let them sit for 2-3min after you shake it up, there is no grit either...  The other thing that is nice, is that you can make pudding from them as well (if you want something to 'eat')..  Before surgery I loved the pre made chocolate muscle milk, but post surgery I hate it LOL...  Might want to try to go around to your vitamin/health shops and see if they have samples you can buy as well, might find something you like. 

The other thing to pass along that someone on this site told me is that just because you like something alot pre op, you may not like it post.  So don't buy too much of something thinking it will tide you over post surgery as well..  Even the small amounts of stuff I bought pre op, I  ended up tossing 50% of it, it was icky!

Hope all goes well!

Shannon
We've only just begun!  

Theresa P.
on 9/2/11 11:42 am - IN
 Thank you guys for the reassurement!!

The diet for pre-op is 3-6 100% Whey Protein shakes made with jus****er.

So far I tried most of the Nectar flavors and haven't really cared for them. 

immafatgirl
on 9/2/11 12:22 pm - KY
mine is on the 13th to and i am right there with you about being nervous. they didnt put me on a liquid diet, just under 1,500 calories .. and i just started that . just had my classes and they told me during that . im sure we will do fine. i will be looking for you on here when we join the losers bench .
brnhdnrs
on 9/2/11 1:58 pm
I started drinking Isopure protein drinks!  I add a packet of Crystal Light to it and it actually tastes great!  They are not thick or milky, and that is what I like.  The Crystal Light gives it enough flavor to cover up the taste of the drink, if you don't like it.  I tried the sample the doctor's office gave me and hated it. It was Unjury, chocolate.  GAG!!!  I did buy some powders from BariatricAdvantage.com and they were ok.  They have all kinds of flavors and they are in plastic bottles that you just add milk to.  It is quite convenient!  I'm not promoting them, but they are pretty decent.  I am having surgery Wednesday, so I'm sure my tastes will change.  I don't have any reserve, so I'm just going to drink Isopure until after surgery and see what happens and what tastes good!  Good luck to you!  I'm nervous as well.  I think that is common for everyone that is going through this!  We have all failed at so many things to lose weight, we think it is inevitable!  Remember this is a tool!  You can do it and so can I!

Becky
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 487 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 372 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 314 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 111 views