at 3 months out can I have

c5felsspirit
on 9/5/11 6:11 am - lake cormorant, MS
fresh tomatos? or pepperridge farms deli flats 100 calorie whole wheat bread?
Sarah   
Living for the moment. Living for me. Loving the moment. Loving me!!!

Cherylkas
on 9/5/11 6:15 am - PA
 What does your doc plan say is ok for you to have at 3 months out? 
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

poet_kelly
on 9/5/11 6:17 am - OH
You can have whatever you want.  I think what you mean to ask is, should you have those things.

I ate them at three months out.  I was on a regular diet about eight weeks out, actually.  I don't know what your doc or dietician recommend, though.  Did they give you a meal plan?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

c5felsspirit
on 9/5/11 6:18 am - lake cormorant, MS
said regular food as tolerated just NO fried foods. and be careful..... I have reread all the paperwork. I know I have limits on lettuce I still can NOT tolerate it. And breads potatoes rice pasta. I have totally avoided.

I would LIKE to try a turkey burger with the bread and tomatoes... jsut worried about something new to be introduced to my pouch.
Sarah   

YankeeRose
on 9/5/11 6:25 am - Meadville, PA
I usually only try one new food at a time to make sure I can tolerate it first. If you try more than one new food at a time, and you have a bad reaction you won't know which new food caused it.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

YankeeRose
on 9/5/11 6:19 am - Meadville, PA
I will be 11 weeks out tomorrow and my Nut said I could have the deli flats several weeks ago. I can only eat 1/2 at one time though. She also said I could have Triscuits. I have also eaten tomatoes without any problem.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

c5felsspirit
on 9/5/11 6:20 am - lake cormorant, MS
hubby is cooking out for family today and I would like to add something new just so afraid of adding something new and it not sitting right with family here. Oh well they all know I had the surgery and are all very understanding of what I can and can NOT have.
Sarah   

c5felsspirit
on 9/5/11 6:20 am - lake cormorant, MS
here goes nothing then... I will let yall know how it goes tonight
Sarah   

aseg21
on 9/5/11 7:30 am - Miami, FL
I've never gone back to bread.. I know I can but it's always been better for me not to try. Bread is one of those things that I could have eaten by the fist full before surgery. I swear I must have been a duck in a previous life. Tomatoes were fine for me though.

Lowest Weight: 145 lbs
Current weight: 148.6 lbs

Total Loss: 226 lbs

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 9/5/11 7:38 am
I have been able to eat both of those and I am not quite 3 months yet.  But you may want to limith the flat bread to 1/2 the bun.  Bread tends to sit heavy.  Toasting helps too.

Winnie

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 426 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 354 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 281 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 161 views