D3 and B12 results

Susan G.
on 9/8/11 6:46 am
My D3 is 103 and my B12 is >2000. Good or bad?
Sue G.            
poet_kelly
on 9/8/11 6:48 am - OH
It's wonderful.  We need our D at least 80 and B12 is best at least around 1000.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cajungirl
on 9/8/11 7:10 am
That's fine, although you do want to watch your D3 as there is a chance of toxicity too high.  How much D3 are you currently taken and how often?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

poet_kelly
on 9/8/11 7:36 am - OH
Apparently there is some disagreement about whether or not dry D 3 can get toxic.  I was just assuming it could and that seems to be what most medical professionals think but vitalady just recently posted about it, saying since dry D 3 is not fat soluble the way vitamin D usually is, it can't.  At least, that's what I understood her to be saying.  I hope she reads this and corrects me if I'm wrong.

But thinking about it, it makes sense to me.  I am of the opinion (and my opinion is just that, my opinion) that your vitamin D level can get "too high" but I'm not sure how high that would be.  I'm comfortable with mine being about 125 or 140 - for some reason I think it was one of those last time I had labs done but can't remember which and am too lazy to get up and look at the lab report right now and having taken the time to enter the info into my spreadsheet so I would have it here on my computer.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

vitalady
on 9/8/11 10:38 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
They are things of great beauty.

D3 in water soluble form cannot go toxic

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Susan G.
on 9/8/11 2:18 pm
Thank you all! Now, I'm just waiting for my other results to come in. I'm fairly confident that they will be within "our" range. I am pretty diligent about taking my vitamins...thanks to my cellphone reminder.
Sue G.