My tummy skin hurts???!

ssgoodri
on 9/9/11 2:22 am

Hi all,
So I am just a little under 3 weeks out and I went back to work this last monday everything was going pretty well, however the one thing that still bothers me is that my skin hurts all across my belly.  Not just where the incisions are but the whole thing.  It really bothers me to have clothes rub on it, almost like having a burn and something rubbing on it all day...  So I started wearing a tighter undershirt to keep the rubbing to a minimum while I am at work, but it still gets really sore...  When I go for my walks at work, I have to hold my arm across my tummy so it doesn't rub so much...  It is really starting to get annoying, I do realize I am really only a few days over 2 weeks out of the hospital, but this is the weirdest thing since it isn't really where the incisions are, it is the rest of my skin..

Anyone else have this issue?  Do you know of anything to help it?  I have actually thought about getting one of the binders just so I don't have to feel the pain, but I am hoping it goes away soon.

*At home I tuck my shirts up under my bra so they don't rub against my tummy, but I don't think that would be acceptable at work LOL

Thanks again for the advice!

Shannon

We've only just begun!  

jmelyn1977
on 9/9/11 2:58 am
You had a lot of nerves cut... I have several spots on my tummy that still feel funny. (not in a HAHA way either) It's all in the healing process...

sumueulu
on 9/9/11 3:14 am
Yes, totally normal. Im 6 months post op, and still have that sensation. It's almost gone, though. It's a weird feeling though.
Dan OBrien
on 9/9/11 4:48 am - FL
Same thing here.  Was constantly pulling my shirt up over my belly at home to get relief.  Better now 6 weeks out.  Wish I would have had a bra!
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views