Had Surgery on Wednesday with questions

bomoni727
on 9/10/11 12:31 pm - MN
 I had surgery on Wednesday and just want to run by everybody what I am eating/drink on my full liquids to make sure I'm doing this right.  I was discharged on Thursday afternoon.  Is it normal that I am able to get in a shake with 50 grams of protein and another one later on in the evening of 15 grams of protein.  Plus, I am drinking additional fluids, adding protein powder to what I eat, and just doing well in general.  I am totally off pain meds and no vomiting or dehydration.  Can you guys give me some feedback please.  Thanks.
findingmyself1994
on 9/10/11 12:40 pm
I can not give you any feedback, I just wanted to say congrats on your surgery and  I am glad you are doing well!

bomoni727
on 9/10/11 12:43 pm - MN
 Thanks for the encouragement, it's much appreciated.
Sara L.
on 9/10/11 12:42 pm
Sounds like you are doing just great!  Be careful though, don't start feeling full of yourself and get over tired....take it easy and don't do anything to strenuous! 

So happy for you!

Sara in Maui

bomoni727
on 9/10/11 12:44 pm - MN
 Thanks Sara.  I do have a tendency to try to do too much.  That's just the way I am, but will take your advice.  This is a very tough surgery and I want to make sure to take care of myself so that I will be in good shape to go back to work soon.
Ale L.
on 9/10/11 12:47 pm
RNY on 03/08/11 with
sound like you are doing great! keep up the good work. but i agree with sarah...don't get ahead of yourself. you just had major surgery, take it day by day.

melizabeth
on 9/10/11 1:50 pm - CA
Congratulations on your recovery.  I can't give you any advice because I'm waiting for my surgery in 10 days.  Just curious wait kind of protein shake with 50 grams were you able to drink?

Keep up the good work!

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

bomoni727
on 9/10/11 1:59 pm - MN
 It's made by GNC and it's 100 percent whey protein isolate.  So far I am able to tolerate the vanilla flavored but have also tried the chocolate and like that one as well.  I intend to do this one until I am done with my full liquids but will probably continue as my tastes and pouch allows.
emt_amy
on 9/10/11 3:39 pm - MN
Wow! You are doing better than me! I had my surgery on tues and was released Friday. I'm eating soup for my meals that I tossed in protein powder and for a snack im varying from yogurt, pudding, and an isopure drink. I'm still taking my pain meds regularly too. Congrats on doing so well!
poet_kelly
on 9/10/11 11:42 pm - OH
You're doing great.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 442 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views