my pouch dislike everything i eat or drink

lucybecominglucy
on 9/11/11 9:48 am
 i don't know what to do the doctor said is normal but wow the belly pain the bad taste in my mouth and i don't even like water anymore i don't know what to do i tried it all maybe you guys can help  this is a nightmare
poet_kelly
on 9/11/11 9:54 am - OH
What have you tried eating and drinking?  When you say your pouch dislikes everything, what does that mean exactly?  You feel nauseous or your stomach hurts or you throw up or what?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

vmeyerw
on 9/11/11 9:57 am - belfield, ND
i know what you mean! i still get a bad taste in my mouth which in turn makes me nausea too. and im still sore in my belly area too i cant sleep on my side in bed ... hopefully it gets better for us!
lucybecominglucy
on 9/11/11 10:07 am
 i tried eating mashed potatoes eggs cheese cottage cheese 
missjann
on 9/11/11 1:27 pm, edited 9/11/11 1:28 pm
All of those things you tried eating are things I still don't do well with and
 I'm 8 months out.  Keep trying and you'll find what works for you.  From the
day I could eat soft foods, chili and all beans have been my mainstay. I can
now eat ground meats and I make a variety of "stews" from scratch with beans,
ground meats and veggies, as well as home-made chili.  I think I will always do
better with mushy foods, so I work with it.  One of these days, I am determined to
be able to eat eggs!  Good luck!
    Jan

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 1:33 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Eggs are hard on our tetchy little pouches right at first;  I don't know why, but I couldn't eat eggs
for more than a year, and then only very runny.

I found that tuna was a nice segue into soft foods, for some reason it didn't bother my tummy.
Shrimp and scallops were also easy.

Just do a couple of ounces at a time;  don't overfull your pouch.  That will make you pretty
miserable, too.

Don't worry, it will happen.  Keep trying ground meats, tuna, shrimp, etc.

Best wishes,
Susan M.
on 9/11/11 10:18 am - Howell, MI
SF popsicles and ice chips/shaved ice are saving me, I don't seem to tolerate jus****er but the ice is ok. Good luck :)

Age 56 Height 4' 11" 

Dave Chambers
on 9/11/11 11:23 am - Mira Loma, CA
Keep trying. You need some bulk going through you or you'll end up with diarrhea or constipation.  Sip your water, don't try to gulp.  Get some papaya enzyme, as it helps with touchy pouch issues.  Like your doc says, this is somewhat normal. Find a support group to attend. You'll hear similar stories there. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views