need help/suggestions

froggy2816
on 9/13/11 10:58 am - MD
I am 5 days post op and am still having issues with my liquids. its uncomfortable,causes gas rumblings which is uncomfortable and still cant get the required amount of fluids in for the day. I get upset then cry and that causes more comfort issues. Is this all part of the normal recovery, am i beign stupid . Getting kinda worried.

Elizabeth_Ann
on 9/13/11 11:04 am
 You are perfectly normal. The first couple of weeks after surgery really suck - no doubt about it. Slowly work up to your liquids. Try taking a sip every 10 minutes. Set an alarm to remind yourself to take a sip. That's what I had to do. Find some things that taste good for you. Herbal tea, Propel Fitness Water, G2, etc. Chicken broth also feels reallhy good at this stage. As long as you are taking a sip every few minutes, you will be fine.

Don't try to do it all at once. Give yourself a break. You are recovering from major surgery. Sleep whenever you get a chance. Take walks around your house in between naps. I tried to walk around for a few minutes every hour. If you need to, get a tiny little medicine cup and fill it up every few minutes.

You can do this. You are going to be thrilled with your results in just a few short weeks!

Please take good care of yourself and RELAX. You are doing GREAT!!!

Hugs, 

Liz
Liz in Orlando       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

froggy2816
on 9/13/11 11:14 am - MD
OMG thank you so very much you made My NIGHT. now if I could stop crying with the good news i might be able to take a drink, lol. Thank you so much for your response. I cant begin to explain it, I was really freeking out and a little emotional too, Thanks again
froggy2816
on 9/13/11 11:17 am - MD
Congratzs on your progress. How do you feel after losing all that weight. I bet you look and feel great. I cant wait to be just like you
Elizabeth_Ann
on 9/13/11 7:50 pm
 Thank you - yes it feels GREAT! You will be there before you know it!

Hugs, 

Liz

Liz in Orlando       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

poet_kelly
on 9/13/11 11:22 am - OH
 Walking a lot will help with the gas.  Just take a little drink every few minutes when you're awake.  Keep a drink by your bed at night and if you wake up in the middle of the night, take a sip.  Carry your drink everywhere, into the bathroom, into the kitchen, wherever you go.  Set a timer if you need to so it will remind you to drink.  Try warm drinks, they might be easier to drink than cold.

You're overly emotional because of the surgery.  It's the anesthesia and pain meds and your hormones are all goofy.  Just let yourself cry if you feel like crying, but don't be worried or upset about how you're doing.  It sounds like everything is going just fine.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views