KIDNEY STONES?

Firefly48
on 9/16/11 11:10 pm
i HAVE HAD BLOOD IN MY URINE OVER THE LAST WEEK ON AND OFF. I HAVE TO HAVE AN ULTRA SOUND THIS WEEK TO CHECK FOR KIDNEY STONES...ANYONE ELSE HAVE ADVICE ON THIS?

poet_kelly
on 9/17/11 12:07 am - OH
Are you getting lots and lots of liquid?  You're not taking calcium carbonate, are you?

It sounds like if it is kidney stones, you're not having pain from them?  That's good.  I hear they can be very painful.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

HogRider
on 9/17/11 1:40 am, edited 9/17/11 1:41 am - Jacksonville, FL
The pain is excruciating. The level of pain my doctor said is related to size, shape, and location of the stone. I had my first one last spring. Kelly is right on calcium, my doctor also warned me about every liquid under the sun excep****er. Lots of water.
USAF Retired                     CW: 257 SW: 341  GW :170
StillHopefulinAZ
on 9/17/11 5:13 am
Lots of water.  They hurt worse than child birth when they move.  Had one early this year that landed me in the hospital for 3 days.  I have "heard" that 100% cranberry juice can dissolve them if they are not big. 
Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

Most Active