Slider Foods???

CoachArch
on 9/19/11 5:03 am - NM
Just ate a whole small chile from Wendy's.... does that constitute a slider food? I have been getting full on 3-4 oz. of food lately, but today it just went down do easy. I'm 2 months out and have lost 59 pounds since surgery. I lost 119 total as I lost 60 pre-op. Is that pretty good? I'm just wondering if everything is going to plan.
Cherylkas
on 9/19/11 5:08 am - PA
 Other may not agree but to me yes it is a slider since it has so much liquid in it. Was the one you ate today more watery then normal? that may explain why you could eat the whole thing. Also you will find somedays you just have a big pouch day. 

I would say you are doing fantasti****ep up the great work
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

jazzycatz
on 9/19/11 5:10 am - Joppa, MD
59lbs in 2 months?!  Pretty good are not the words.  Excellent job! 

Here's what I have found about Wendy's chili.  Sometimes it has more meat and beans than other times.  So sometimes I eat more or less depending.  If it has more liquid, of course, it leaves the pouch faster so I can eat more.  So I can eat a small (minus a couple bites my husband takes) some days and others I am lucky to get through 3/4 of the thing.   It helps if I eat off as much as the thinner liquid as I can and then tackle the beans and meat. 

I don't think it's necessary to worry just yet. 

cajungirl
on 9/19/11 5:34 am
My experience with Wendy's chili has been the same, sometimes I can eat it all other times I can't.  I wouldn't worry about it, it is a good protein source.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Dan OBrien
on 9/19/11 5:34 am - FL
Chili was pretty easy for me too, not as filling as chicken.  Hormel makes a turkey chili 98% fat free that tastes just like the real thing too.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

Tim T.
on 9/19/11 6:29 am - Eastham, MA
We had surgery the same day. It took me 6 months to lose 40 lbs. and 10 weeks post op to lose 45. Sounds like you're doing awesome. Had Wendy's chili several times, sometimes the whole thing and sometimes only half will go down. It varies from meal to meal-day to day-time of day, etc. If it's leftover, my kids always fini**** off or it goes in an eggbeater omlette the next morning. I would consider it a slider food.

losing-jennifer
on 9/19/11 6:35 am
I think they sometimes scoop off the top of the pot and that's when its pretty watery. Other times I've gone it is from the bottom and its pretty thick. How much I eat depends on how they mixed the pot.
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

Barbara C.
on 9/19/11 6:45 am - Raleigh, NC

As others have said, it might be considered a 'slider' food if it was particularly liquid, but I wouldn't worry about it since it is a high protein, low fat, low calorie, high fiber choice. 

It sounds like your weight loss is doing very well. Generally, they expect that you will loose 60% of the excess weight you are going to lose by 6 months and the other 40% of the excess weight you are going to lose during the next 6 months. You will tend to lose the most in the first 2 to 3 months and the weight loss tends to slow as the swelling in your pouch goes down and your intestinal tract matures.

Wishing you continued success,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Paula F.
on 9/19/11 10:52 am - Rochester Hills , MI
Congratulations on how well  you are doing!  Also, you have scared the stuffing out of me because I got the ok for pureed foods last week at 2wks post op and I had a Wendy's small chili the next day and I could eat the whole thing and felt like I could have eaten more.  I am terrified that I can eat so much so soon and have yet to feel that 'I can't think of another bite' feeling.  I only feel turned off at the idea of drinking more shakes.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views