Post op ?? Mirena IUD

ChrissyD70
on 9/19/11 9:53 am - O'Fallon, MO
 I've had so many stomach issues going on for almost a year now.  had ERCP done 6/29, diagnosed with SOD.  Still hasnt helped issues..

Anyways, someone mentioned issues with the Mirena IUD and that it may be the cause of some of my problems..

Anyone else have the Mirena IUD and have issues? or had it removed and issues went away?

The thought of having it removed is scary.... TOM is horrible without it. 

Just wondering if any other post ops have it, or had it removed...
I am very good at having opinions and always willing to share :)  Not shy at all!
Check out my site.. www.showmetheskinny.weebly.com

cedarstar
on 9/19/11 2:52 pm - Manitoba, Canada
I am only 2 weeks out but I have had my mirena for a few years now and do not have any problems. I'm not sure how the mirena would affect your stomach issues. It is inserted in the cervix and releases hormones. If it were to affect anything you'd think it would be the reproductive organs that would be affected.  Initially when it was first inserted I had such severe mood swings I almost had it taken out. That passed and I'm glad that I kept it. My cycle is just too heavy without it and the cramps were terrible. I used to miss work a day or two every month without it. I sure wouldn't want to go back to that. It really is a scary thought. I sure hope the mirena is not an issue for you because the consequences of taking it out may be worse. Have you researched the side effects of the mirena? Has your doctor offered any information toward it? Good Luck!

hw-251

sw-225

surgeon's goal-170

my goal-135

__Laura__
on 9/19/11 9:26 pm
I was seen in the ER at 4 months post-op for hemmoraging and they gave me the Mirena IUD to stop the hemmoraging.  I've been on my period since March 7.  It stopped for 1 week in June, then resumed for 2 weeks, stopped for another week and been nonstop since.  =/
Goodbye 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's... Hello 190's!  

ChrissyD70
on 9/19/11 9:49 pm - O'Fallon, MO
 Yeah the first few months after getting it in are horrible... but yeah, once you get passed that, its  better.

I need to call OB and see what he thinks.. just thought I would ask the experts on here.. :)

Really just grasping at straws to figure out the source of the pains...
I am very good at having opinions and always willing to share :)  Not shy at all!
Check out my site.. www.showmetheskinny.weebly.com

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 1:25 am - TX
I had surgery six months ago; and I have had my Mirena for seven years. Well, first one for five, then new one two years ago. No issues. Other than I didn't have a period for 4 1/2 year after the initial insertion (fine by me, and normal****il the surgery. The week after RNY I had a semi-period and then spotting a few times since. I figure its just the hormone levels?

That thing better still be working, lol.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views