6 days out of surgery, how to get all my fluids in????

Monide2011
on 9/20/11 1:12 am - TX
 I am already 6 days out from surgery and I am so excited. I keep thinking I really did it...I had the surgery and now my life and health will start changing in a positive way. But I am so worried about getting my fluid intake in. I sip and sip and it seems the cup never gets empty...... Now I am running to the bathroom with diarrhea......is this something others have had? I read somewhere that the first week this could happen but just curious if anyone else experienced this.....I have been on fluids only.....seems Popsicles makes me full....can you believe that...lol...popcicles!!! 
Oh yeah.....I have already lost 8 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!

Monica 

MoNiCa
Anarare
on 9/20/11 1:17 am - VA
 If all you take in are fluids it will be fuild coming out ;)

I felt the same way, I constantly carried a water bottle around with me, and I was sipping NON STOP!  I was so sick of water but now, I drink a ton a day and have no issues!

As far as I know it is normal!  Just keep sip sip sipping when you can!  Remember if you are on shakes or other liquids that they are considered liquids too ;)

Popsicles are awesome!  They made me full too lol!  Not so much anymore, but in the beginning yes!!

CONGRATS on the 8lbs!!  

HW: 400lbs+,  SW: 310lbs, CW: 218lbs, GW: 150lbs        
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 1:27 am - Boston, MA
 Congrats on your surgery!  I'm 6 months out and 2 days ago was the first time ever I drank 64 oz! typically I get in about 30 oz.. it's not easy to drink sometimes but just do the best you can it does get easier (so I hear LOL)  As for the diarrhea that's perfectly normal if you are not eating solid foods.
xopammi
on 9/20/11 1:38 am - VA

I am 8 days out of surgery and having the same issue of the endless cup of water.  I haven't had the diarrhea though, but my doctor started me on purees 4th day.  Congrats on your 8lbs

that's wonderful!

Pam

poet_kelly
on 9/20/11 1:48 am - OH
Try drinking out of smaller cups.  Try to take a drink every 10 to 15 minutes.  Watch the clock.  Set a timer if you need to.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Preese08
on 9/20/11 5:09 am - NC
I too feel the same way. I am 12 days out and am struggling with my fluid intake. I was so worried that I contemplated going to Urgent Care to get an IV! The funny thing is I don't have any of the symptoms of dehydration but I'm convinced that on some level I must be because I'm not consuming half the liquids I should be.

I've lost 22 pounds at this point so I don't want to have any set backs!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views