Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the battle in your mind

losing-jennifer
on 9/27/11 9:59 pm
Just began reading this book by Joyce Meyer for our ladies group at our church.  WOW...it is exactly what I need to stop the negative self talk and be more positive.  I do consider myself a positive person but I do battle negative thoughts that can make me have a bad day (or more).  Just wanted to share if anyone's interested in a good read!  I know a lot of people here post their battles they have with their head saying "You're not good enough." 

So remember "As you think, so you are." (From Battlefield of the Mind).

Jen
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

Evelyn3131
on 9/27/11 10:14 pm - Burlington, NC
That is very profound.  Joyce Meyers is great and I own many of her books.  They have helped me and a read them over and over.  Keep getting new insight everytime I read them...  I saw her in July at the RBC Center in  Raleigh....  if you get a chance to see her personally, you should take the opportunity.

Evelyn

Surgery Date 6/30/2011          
losing-jennifer
on 9/27/11 10:19 pm
I do want to see her.  A couple of my friends from church went a few weeks ago and just raved about how awesome she is.  I think I will be reading more from her after I finish this.  Thanks Evelyn!
Jen
Shanneee
on 9/28/11 12:55 pm - MN
It's so hard to stay positive when so many people are so negative!  Some days I feel like I'm destined to gain my weight back and I've barely started losing!  :(

losing-jennifer
on 9/28/11 9:25 pm
I have those thoughts too...I keep hearing "You're gonna gain it back." but that's the negative thoughts she addresses in the book. 

BTW, you will loose and you will keep it off because you have a tool that you've never used before and its going to work for you.  That's what you have to say to yourself and it will be!
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148

Loveshinesthru
on 9/28/11 2:48 pm - Mesa, AZ
 another good book of hers is Me and My big mouth. our womens group is reading that one right now.

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

losing-jennifer
on 9/28/11 9:23 pm
LOVE that title.  I'll have to check that one out.  Thanks!
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148

Most Active
Recent Topics