Constipation

Susan_U
on 10/1/11 6:20 am - Ontario, CA
I know you guys will be able to give advise on this.  Well, I hope so anyway.

What is a good way to deal with constipation?  I know I shouldn't strain for fear of messing up my new plumbing.  But I am also afraid of taking anything that I have in the medicine cabinet:  Colace, generic ex-lax, suppositories.

HW: 260  -  Consult: 241  -  SW: 239  -  CW: 206  -  GW: 140

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Will Rogers

poet_kelly
on 10/1/11 6:22 am - OH
Mirilax, if your constipation isn't severe.  It will help prevent constipation, too and can be taken daily if needed.

A suppository (I use  Dulcolax) if it is really bad and you need to go now.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Susan_U
on 10/1/11 6:29 am - Ontario, CA
Bless you, my child 

Cross your fingers...

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Will Rogers

Cecilia W.
on 10/1/11 7:17 am - Northport, AL
RNY on 02/06/12
On October 1, 2011 at 1:29 PM Pacific Time, Susan_U wrote:
Bless you, my child 

Cross your fingers...
Wouldn't that hurt?

(crossing your fingers while using a suppository, for those who don't get my weird sense of humor)
Susan_U
on 10/1/11 7:36 am - Ontario, CA
LOL. 

Ouch

Don't make me laugh when I'm doing my darndest not to strain...

Will Rogers

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/11 8:05 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Definitely the Miralax, but stool softeners are good to have on hand as well.

Go gently into that good night!!
Susan_U
on 10/1/11 8:55 am - Ontario, CA
Kelly,

Just to say, it finally worked.  In a TMI aside, a few minutes ago my dogs were startled as the shriek of  "fire in the hole!" echoed around the house...

Will Rogers

poet_kelly
on 10/1/11 8:57 am - OH
Funny how excited we get about poop, huh?

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Susan_U
on 10/1/11 9:15 am - Ontario, CA
LOL.   Yep!     I think we become obsessive about our digestive tract in general....

Will Rogers

poet_kelly
on 10/1/11 9:16 am - OH
Years ago I worked in a nursing home and a lot of the elderly people were obsessed with their bowels.

Most Active
Recent Topics