Pain with eating???

Mrsmary04
on 10/1/11 1:18 pm - CO
RNY on 07/05/11 with
Ok so for the past 2-3 days I have had some awful stomach pains when I eat not like eww, I am going to throw up pains but OMG this hurts stomach pain. It starts when I get the first bite of food chewed up and swallowed. I chew really really well and wait 2 minutes between bites. The pain starts as a dull pain but increases with each bite I take. I don't over eat. I still only eat about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food at a time. It is getting to the point where I hate to eat because it hurts, Today I actually cried because I was hungry but scared to eat cause this pain. anyone have any ideas what it might be? I am putting a call into the doc first thing Monday morning to get into be seen but what can I do until then? I knwo I can't NOT eat so what do I do?  I do have a small amount of pain with drinking but nothing like with the food. Thanks for the help.
~MARY~       
emt_amy
on 10/1/11 1:44 pm - MN
Gall stones? Do you still have your gall bladder?

Mrsmary04
on 10/1/11 1:48 pm - CO
RNY on 07/05/11 with
Yes I do still have my gall bladder. I didn't think that because it was pain in my stomach that it could be gall bladder related. Thanks
~MARY~       
emt_amy
on 10/1/11 1:51 pm - MN
The gall bladder is pretty close to your stomach and one of the symptoms is terrible pain when eating. I would call your surgeon and have them take a look.
Paula F.
on 10/1/11 1:52 pm - Rochester Hills , MI
Perhaps it is possibly a stricture.  Do you have protein drinks avail and do liquids till you can get in to see the doc since you said liquids hurt less?

Hope you feel better soon,
Paula
Susan_U
on 10/1/11 2:44 pm - Ontario, CA
Call your surgeon if it's still a problem in the morning.
welchkin67
on 10/1/11 2:47 pm - Brownwood, TX
First how far out are you from your surgery.   I will tell you that you are describing what I felt after I had my surgery.  And mine done that for the first two months.  I am about or almost three months out from my surgery and it has gotten alot better.  And you having your gall bladder suprises me; my doctor took mine out because he said I would eventually end up coming back to have it removed.   I just suffered through mine and done alot of cream soups like cream of chicken.  Hope this helps!
Sonia Welch    
Mrsmary04
on 10/2/11 12:12 am - CO
RNY on 07/05/11 with
On October 1, 2011 at 9:47 PM Pacific Time, welchkin67 wrote:
First how far out are you from your surgery.   I will tell you that you are describing what I felt after I had my surgery.  And mine done that for the first two months.  I am about or almost three months out from my surgery and it has gotten alot better.  And you having your gall bladder suprises me; my doctor took mine out because he said I would eventually end up coming back to have it removed.   I just suffered through mine and done alot of cream soups like cream of chicken.  Hope this helps!
I am 12 weeks out from surgery (July 5th) See these pains just started a few days ago. I had absolutly no problems before thes past few days.

I do have protein powder that I can mix something up with so I might just have to go with fluids until my doc can get me in. We shall see what happens. I hate feeling this pain. 

As an up note I am down a total of 60 lbs (including pre-op diet) (although I feel like I  am not losing fast enough I will still take that 60 pounds because it is better then 0 or gaining)
~MARY~