Sense of smell change?!?

Susan_U
on 9/30/11 7:38 pm - Ontario, CA
I know that the surgery can change our sense of taste.  But sense of smell?  I have noticed,that since the first of my dogs came home on Tuesday  (the second came today) that the smell of their kibble is overwhelming & makes me nauseous.  It's never had this effect on before.

Has anyone else had this problem.  Well, not with kibble, but anything else?

HW: 260  -  Consult: 241  -  SW: 239  -  CW: 206  -  GW: 140

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Will Rogers

T. Deeds
on 9/30/11 8:30 pm
Yes, that's normal.  Lots of people are very sensitive to smells after their surgery.  Do you have some air freshner you can use? 

Susan_U
on 9/30/11 9:01 pm - Ontario, CA
The thing is, it's not so bad after it has been put in their bowls and set out in the open.  It is when I open the container I keep their kibble in that the smell whaps me on the nose.

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Will Rogers

Day_dream_believer
on 9/30/11 11:54 pm
I can't stand the smell of chicken anymore.  Other smells are also much stronger.  The other night I went out to eat with some friends and I could smell the wine of the girl two seats over.

dlo2
on 10/1/11 2:02 am - Brandenburg, KY
My sense of smell has changed with the surgery.  Many more things bother me than before.  and once i am full I cannot stand the smell or the sight of the food left on my plate.   That is probably a good thing though, I am less likely to keep picking at my food once I am done.

Susan_U
on 10/1/11 7:15 am - Ontario, CA
Ooooo -- I hope I get that! 

Will Rogers

_Donna_
on 10/1/11 7:25 am
My sense of smell and taste went off the charts.

I wonder what the medical reason for that is?  I've had surgeries before so it must be something weight loss surgery related

RNY 5-5-2011

immafatgirl
on 10/1/11 12:31 pm - KY
i feel ya on this one. like i stated in one post , i feel as if im pregnant all over again .. i hope this goes away
Loveshinesthru
on 10/1/11 2:29 pm - Mesa, AZ
 I noticed as soon as I came home from the hospital that my sense of smell increased. In my case I am happy about it because it didnt used to be very good at all..  now I think its near normal- to what other peoples smell is. 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

rlw99
on 10/1/11 7:47 pm - Oakland, CA
I could not tolerate the smell of eggs, popcorn, toast or chicken after my surgery. That gradually stopped between 3-4 months out and don't bother me now at all.