Good Iced coffee drink

Mrsmary04
on 10/2/11 8:54 am - CO
RNY on 07/05/11 with

Ok so I love me some starbucks but it hits the wallet hard so anyone have any good Iced coffee drinks made with or without protein powder? With decaf coffee and if it has vanilla in it in some way thats just a bonus! LOL I love the taste of the starbucks vanilla frappacino. Thanks! Hopefully I will come up with something to try before tomorrow morning.

~MARY~       
poet_kelly
on 10/2/11 9:15 am - OH
Check out Nik's blog.  bariatricfoodie.com.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mimmers
on 10/2/11 10:21 am - VA
i brew my own decaf coffee and use truvia to sweeten it and add some non fat milk, and lots of ice!  It is nice to make your own iced coffee and its yummy!!!!!!
lillypond...
on 10/2/11 11:01 am
I use Caffe D'Vita sugar free and caffeine free mocha cappuccino sweetened with splenda, use 2 tsp of the powder, either make hot or cold it is so good, if I want protein in it I use the unflavored protein powder and put some in my mocha. also I use international cafe sugar free and decaffeinated Swiss mocha, also good
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 10/2/11 11:43 am
A cup of decaf coffee (strong), add milk and sf torani french vanilla syrup.  If it is not strong enough,  add some instant decaf crystals.

Winnie

cheermonkeysmom
on 10/2/11 11:47 am - Smithsburg, MD
I brew coffee at night using my Keurig coffee maker. I place it in the fridge so it gets cold over night. In the morning, I mix my coffee with 1 cup of skim milk and use Da Vinci SF syrups (there are lots of syrups to pick from). Then put in some ice and out of the house I go. I haven't tried adding protein powder yet, but I am sure if you are trying to make a vanilla flavor, either adding vanilla or unflavored powder would be fine. I hope you find something that will work for you. I know how expensive it can be to buy those coffees everyday
 Highest Weight - 220/ Date of Surgery - 194/ Goal Weight - 125 CW 122  2nd Goal - 115

Ladytazz
on 10/2/11 12:04 pm
I love Dutch Brothers but they are expensive like Starbucks so I found a recipe for my favorite drink there.  I use a few ounces of decaf, a cup of milk, some sugar free chocolate and caramel sauce, a scoop of unflavored whey isolate and some ice and I blend it up and it is as good as a Frappe.  I have to watch the sauces because too much sugar alcohol can make me dump but when I try to make it with the syrups it isn't as good.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

savedbygrace10
on 10/2/11 12:09 pm - Byron, GA
Before surgery I couldn't stand the taste of coffee but my husband talked me into trying it recently and I now LOVE it!!

I use 6 oz of milk, a scoop of Syntha-6 Vanilla protein powder, 3T of SF syrup (hooked on hazelnut at the moment), 3 packets of Splenda, and @25-26 oz of decaf coffee. It's yummy!! I mix the milk, powder, syrup and Splenda in a blender bottle then take the blender ball out. I put the cup in the microwave to warm it and then add hot coffee to it OR I pour cold coffee into the mix and pour over ice. YUMMY!!!

YankeeRose
on 10/2/11 1:00 pm - Meadville, PA
Fit Frappe. Read my post from earlier today at: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4456843/Fit-Frappe-pro tein-drink-YUM/

I don't think it's caffeine free but it is very good (and I am picky when it comes to protein drinks).

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

mandajolyn
on 10/2/11 4:50 pm - Tallahassee, FL
I love coffee and have made several protein coffee type drinks. You can use vanilla protein powder, milk, a stick of decaf coffee(taster's choice or Starbucks Via) and some SF syrup, add ice and blend! It makes a frappachino type drink! I like using a Mocha PRotein powder with SF Vanilla syrup which you can get at Walmart, Some milk and some Coffee....yummy!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics