OT: Thursday Rant

Tonya0531
on 10/5/11 10:41 pm - Lake, MS

It seems that stress and depression can really help with weight loss.  I guess if there has to be a bright side to everything that I'm about to rant about that...that would be it.  I'm down to 192 lbs as of this morning.  My lowest in 20 years.  And for that I am grateful every single day.

#1...My car has died.  I would love to trade it but I can't even drive it to a car lot to trade it in.  It's 4 years old, yes 4 years, and my motor is shot to hell and back.  Probably going to cost about $2000 to fix it and I really don't have a choice. 

#2...My marriage is in the sh*tter.  My husband and I never speak anymore.  We have kissed hello or goodbye in weeks.  When he leaves in the morning and says "Goodbye baby, I love you" he is talking to the dog...not me.  The saddest part is that I'm ok with that.

#3...My son graduates from basic in less than 3 weeks. I have missed him so much.  Now I have to figure out how to pay for a 5 day trip to San Antonio and to get my car fixed.  Uhhhh...I choose seeing my son first. 

#4...Yes there is more...my gastritis and ulcer is in major flare up mode!  I can't imagine why, can you??  So eating is a chore right now and I've dropped over 10 lbs in the last week or so.  Not that I'm complaining but I feel terrible.

So that's it in a very large nutshell.  I don't expect anyone to respond but I just needed a place to vent and cry a little this morning.  Sorry for the downer. 

Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
Vivian Prouty
on 10/5/11 10:52 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Tonya....prayers coming your way.   Your life sounds about like mine.    That is the way thing**** me...ALL AT ONE TIME !!!   Trust me....breathe and it will get better really soon.    Life just isn't fair at times.....trust me....things keep hitting me over and over too just like you are going through.    But in the long run it always gets better.     So try really hard to focus on the positive.   We ALL have too much negative in our lives that seems to take presidency over the good in life.     Hopefully things will turn around for you really soon.   BTW....I do belive that if you wanted to trade your car in you could have it towed to the dealership.....we have had to do that to trade in a vehicle that we didn't want to pay for the repairs for.    Good luck today and I will keep you in my prayers that things will improve for you really soon.   Congrats to your son who is graduating from Basic Training.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Tonya0531
on 10/5/11 10:58 pm - Lake, MS
Thanks Vivian.  I really appreciate.  I think I am a walking example of  Murphy's Law.  It will get better.  I'm not going to say it couldn't get any worse, because it could.  My kids could be sick or I could be sick and not able to work.  I'm thankful for what I have and I'm very blessed in other areas.  Sometimes the negative just over shadows everything else.
Tonya
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
xopammi
on 10/5/11 11:06 pm - VA
thoughts, prayers, and hugs coming your way! everything will work out and congrats on your son graduating basic!

Pam
Tonya0531
on 10/5/11 11:41 pm - Lake, MS
Thank you.  I'm so proud of him.
Tonya
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
boomsheeka01
on 10/5/11 11:39 pm - Killeen, TX
Yikes I am so sorry that you are going through all of that! No fun, no fun.... It will all pass soon. I hope your marriage gets better, that seems to be the worst of all your problems! Praying for you!  :)
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tonya0531
on 10/5/11 11:45 pm - Lake, MS
Actually it's been headed this way for a very long time and I'm almost relieved that it's over.  It's sad to know that I'm more worried about my car.
Tonya
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
M U.
on 10/5/11 11:57 pm
Sorry you're going through such a hard time. I relate to a lot of it. I also do better with weight loss when things suck. And I just recently got divorced, so I totally understand those issues as well.

Hope things get better soon. Car problems SUCK, but like you said, we don't have a choice sometimes.

((hugs))
Tonya0531
on 10/6/11 12:04 am - Lake, MS
Thank you!
Tonya
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?