RNY after lapband, repeat all protocol as if new patient?

smocklucinda
on 10/9/11 6:41 am
My lapband was removed due to having a liver transplant. I am planning a RNY soon. I am wondering if I will have to do all the prerequisit stuff, even tho same office same doctor .  How about anyone else?
Holly O.
on 10/9/11 7:42 am - FL
Yes I had a revision almost 4 months ago from lapband to RNY and yes you will have to do all the pre op stuff again!!  The only thing I didn't have to do is the psych evaluation again.  I had the band for 4 1/2 yrs. and I really had a rough time with it so I went forward to have a revision.  I have had zero problems.........just wish I had started out the RNY in the first place!!  LOL  Hang in there!!
   Holly                                      
Ramie A.
on 10/9/11 9:03 am - Bronx, New York, NY
I went from lap band to RNY two months ago and feel super great!  I had to do the two week preop liquid diet, and get PCP surgery clearance (whi*****luded usual blood work), but that was it.  Oh, I also had a gall bladder ultrasound because I asked for it.  Since I had no other comorbidities that might interfere with surgery or recovery (e.g., heart trouble, sleep trouble), I didn't take any other tests. 

Good luck with your next stage of the journey!

Ramie A.
Lapband Nov 2006; revision to RNY 8/17/2011
5'3", HW: 205 / Consult: 189  /  SW: 184  /  CW: 140  /  GW: 130

smocklucinda
on 10/9/11 9:53 am
Thanks you guys.  I'm just hoping it won't take so long to get there. I am so looking forward to this new chance. I didn't have much luck with the band either. Looks like I'm seeing good evidence that this works!
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 10:58 am - Front Royal, VA
RNY on 08/29/11 with
I had mine removed due to a severe prolapse, the insurance company made me go through the entire process all over again.  Took them 8 months to approve me.  However I had BCBS with the lapband and Tricare Standard with RNY so if you have the same insurance it might not!  But be prepared!  
Most Active
Recent Topics