Need Advice!! Pain Meds. not showing up in Urine test!!!

Heidi S.
on 10/12/11 2:07 am - Sheboygan, WI
I see someone at a Pain Management center and was put on some pain meds. for my conditions. The first test they did not come up on.  They increased my meds and the next appt. they did not come up on.  I was on 50mcg. of Fentanyl and 15mg. of Oxycodone.  They sent me for a blood test and that came back as .001 or barley any Fentanyl an no oxycodone in my blood. My Mother gives me my meds due to prior alcohol addiction just to be safe.  The next appt. they changed the Fentanyl to Methadone at 20mg. 3x a day.  The oxy was 15mg. 4x a day. Yesterday nothing showed up on my urine test.  They told me I could no longer come to their center because I was non-compliant.  They knew I had gastric bypass but their excuse was that they have other patients who have had GB and their meds. show up on their tests. So what do I do now? I was even wondering why those oxy's were never helping!!!  Oh, and now they basically think I'm a big drug dealer or pill seller, yeah ask my mom who has to get my meds. out every 4 hours? Who do I go to to prove I'm taking my meds for my chronic pain and not selling them?
Ladytazz
on 10/12/11 2:14 am
Maybe you can talk to your surgeon and he can explain your situation.  Is there another way they can give you the meds like a patch or shot?
I know I have taken Oxycontin and it definitely is working.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

waitinggame
on 10/12/11 11:16 pm - Bowie, MD
I'm so sorry. My mom suffered with chronic pain and was on Methadone. I had to give her meds to her because of her addiction process so I know the frustration of being treated like an addict or pill pusher. I am dealing now with my anti-depressant barely showing on blood tests. I am feeling better emotionally, but the levels in my blood are virtually nonexistent. I'd definitely talk to your bypass surgeon. There has to be something they can suggest. I'm certain there is an injectable that they could try--then they'd know you were getting it and could verify whether it was showing in your blood. Just not sure a pain clinic would go that far--I know my mom's wouldn't have.

Good luck. I hope they figure something out because at the end of the day you need your pain controlled however it is that they do it.

Take care,

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Most Active
Recent Topics