I'm home

Brandi S.
on 10/13/11 6:08 am - TX
Well, I have my surgery on Tuesday and I'm doing real well. The dr fixed my hernia while he was in there and said everything else went wonderfully, despite the fact that my abdominal wall was really thick. The first day or so I had trouble with nausea and getting up to walk. Then I had trouble with peeing on my own and had to be catheterized twice. Once they took me off the IV Dilaudid and gave me oral Lortab, I was able to go on my own. I'm trying my best to remember to eat something bc I'm just not hungry. So far, sugar free yogurt, broth, and jello has stayed down. I'm gonna try some cream soup later.
Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement.. I never thought I would make it through so easily!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Jess6580
on 10/13/11 6:21 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Congrats on being home!  And best wishes for a speedy recovery. 
sthepworth
on 10/13/11 6:53 am
I'm so glad to hear from you!! You've been on my mind A LOT since Tuesday!! When you feel more up to it, let me know what to expect- all the gory details. Hope everything continues to go well for you!!!
Together In Faith            
eunicemaythompson1

on 10/13/11 10:21 am - WA
congrats and wish you a great recovery.
Adrienne G.
on 10/13/11 11:28 am - Germantown, MD
That's great news.. I'm just a few days ahead of you and so looking forward to starting pureed foods tomorrow.  BTW I feel ya on the nausea (it got me for 2 days and delayed MY post-op plan)
Starting weight (12/10) - 346; Surgery day weight (10/11) - 282.4

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 112 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views