Vegetables

Kimanne01
on 10/13/11 9:59 am
Hey everyone. So it seems my stomach doesnt mind anything BUT vegetables. I am trying to continue to eat in a healthy way and its like my stomach is fighting against me.  Fruit isnt great either.  Is there anything I can do so that I can handle vegetables or is this always going to be this way. I find this very frustrating. I am craving a salad!  I have NEVER craved a salad and I cant eat a salad.  I am craving healthy food like nothing else and it seems like my stomach just doesnt want it.  Any suggestions? 
eunicemaythompson1

on 10/13/11 10:02 am - WA
cooked veggies is all my stomach can handle . im 5wks out from rny
Dave Chambers
on 10/13/11 10:13 am - Mira Loma, CA
Cooked veggies are softer and easier to digest.  Lettuce is mostly water, but still causes issues for some post ops.  Not every patient is identical, nor is their tolerances of any specific foods.  It may just take time.  Don't know if you're using dressing or not, and the dressing may be the issue.  Do you get diarrhea? vomit? just have an upset gut? Taking small bites and chewing well may be an issue too.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Kimanne01
on 10/13/11 10:19 am
I tried cooked veggies and its not much better than raw veggies. I eat everything plain....so not dressings at all.  I am 6 months out...wa sjust hoping this would get better. But no such luck. :)  When I eat it O get cramps and diarrhea. I definitely chew enough. I think it may just be my stomach doesnt like. Veggies.  So cruel when im finally wanting to eat well!
Price S.
on 10/13/11 11:38 am - Mills River, NC
I hate that for you.  I eat veggies 3-4 times a day and have never had any problems with them.  I would think cooked would be better and maybe stay away from the cabbage family stuff, like brocalli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale.  Cooked spinach was one of the first I could do.  Refried beans?  Green beans?  I would wait for corn and tomatoes.  Unsweetened applesauce might work.

Good luck.  I would be lost without my veggies.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

emt_amy
on 10/13/11 11:39 am - MN
That sucks. Have you tried spaghetti squash?

Dan OBrien
on 10/13/11 11:46 pm - FL
Squash and zucchini cook down nice and soft when sauteed.  Salad with any acidy dressing kills my stomach, but the creamy dressings work ok.  Had diarrhea with salad at first, but now no issues.  Spaghetti squash is a good sub for spaghetti - I put sauce and cheese on it, sometimes mixing in unflavored protein to the sauce before heating.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230