FML...rant

Shanneee
on 10/13/11 3:19 pm - MN
So on top of not getting my "dream job" last week, I had a meeting with my current boss today.  Much to my shock and dismay, he "let me go" as he put it.  He didn't give me a very concrete reason other than personality conflicts, of which I have resolved.  I have a sneaking suspicion that they found out I was applying for other jobs and so they decided to cut the cord. 

I'm shocked, sad, depressed, devastated and numb all at the same time.  I really wish I had my old friend "Swiss Cake Roll" or "Chocolate Peanut Butter Revel Ice Cream" with me now.  Thankfully, I'm not even in the mood to eat at all...had to choke down a protein shake just to get some nutrition in me. 

I've started applying for other jobs right away but there isn't much out there in my field.  And it's a small field so it's only a matter of time before my colleagues in other organizations hear about it.  I'm so embarassed. 

What the heck does someone do in this situation? 

ohioman2011
on 10/13/11 5:03 pm - Cuyahoga Falls, OH
RNY on 01/12/12
sorry that u lost your job  just keep your head up and keep looking  i am not sure how the job market is where u live but i think it sucks all over the world right now u will find something   i see your from MN  i been there on vacation its a nice place 

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/11 5:14 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Getting fired is hard at the best of economic times.  Having had that happen a time or two in my life
all I can say is to give yourself a break and relax for a few days before you get back into the job hunt.

Best wishes,
Raynae S.
on 10/14/11 12:41 am - PA
I live in PA and if you are "let go" you can almost always collect unemployment. Can you do that in MN.? Just for a little while you get another job. I hope you find something soon, and don't be embarrassed...it could happen to anyone!

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/11 1:22 am - Front Royal, VA
RNY on 08/29/11 with

go apply for unemployment, they cannot deny you for being fired, especially if there was no "reason given"

I believe unemployment rules are federally regulated, not state, but I could be wrong, I wish you good luck in finding a new job

Shanneee
on 10/14/11 3:06 am - MN
Thanks everyone.  They did say that they weren't planning to contest any unemployment claims, but it still sucks.  I'm not sure how I'm going to find a job once the rest of my colleagues in the industry find out. 

Hopefully something will come along soon...

adamsamah
on 10/14/11 7:24 am - Nixa, MO
Actually some of the people who work in your same field may be the best sources of job openings. And do apply for unemployment. It will help your morale.
Hugs,
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

PTM
on 10/14/11 9:12 am
I lost my job at the end of last year due to budget cuts (local government) and, even though I had 10 weeks' notice, it was still really difficult. I'm sorry you were let go. Here's hoping for another "dream job" to come along for you!
Margaret   HW: 342    SW: 320    CW:  228    GW:  175    3          
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?