Time to get back to basics

cajuntjm
on 10/16/11 8:50 am - Greensboro, NC
It's been a horrible 2 months of weightloss. I had hit a major stall and I've found myself grazing much more.  I've heard of 2 week restart programs to get back on track and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has reached this point in their weightloss journey.  I'm really looking for some support in getting things back in order and jumpstarting my weight loss again.

Any tips, support you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

laura_vermont
on 10/16/11 9:11 am
You're probably thinking of the "5 day pouch test".   You know what the main problem is though, so I'd just log intake for a while and limit snacking.  Also, make sure that you're drinking enough, it's easy to confuse thirst and hunger.

High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

cajuntjm
on 10/16/11 9:54 am - Greensboro, NC
I have used sparkpeople in the past.  I'm going to try to be consistent with that.  I do think I'm having an issue with drinking enough water too.

I also read some posts where people have said they limit their carbs to 50g per day.  When I look at the nutrition label from my Chobani greek yogurt, it has 20g of carbs.  I love yogurt so I may just have to split my portion size to half at each sitting.  I can eat the whole 6oz at a time.

I'll also need to go check the carb amount on my whey protein shakes to make sure I'm not overdoing it.

Thanks so much for your help!

sammys_mama
on 10/16/11 11:17 am
 I've been stalled for 4 months now. I lost 75 lbs pretty fast and had issues with getting sick a lot in the beginning and an ulcer. I found foods that I knew I could eat (chobani, chicken) and pretty much stuck with the same diet every day. I'm also grazing and starting to eat things that I know I shouldn't eat. I told my therapist in the beginning that if I couldn't lose weight on my own then how would I keep it off after WLS and that i what is scaring me now. It's so easy to eat the wrong things yet some of the right things make me sick. I don't know what to do to get back on track. :(

Wendy
Wendy
RNY 2/8/11

ohioh
on 10/16/11 1:12 pm
RNY on 11/15/10 with
Try the Carbmaster yogurt from Krogers...LOVE it and low carbs!

HW 270  SW 251   1st GW 170    CW 143       2nd GW 150
 1st GOAL REACHED  170  5/23/2011

2nd GOAL REACHED 150 8/8/2011
Doodle74
on 10/17/11 5:54 am - TN
I'm co-signing on the CarbMaster yogurt.  It is awesome!!  I am with you on the "getting back to basics" train.  I have found myself grazing as opposed to eating planned meals - a handful of Goldfish here while fixing lunch for the boys, a few sugar-free chocolates there .... it all adds up and I don't measure anything.  BAD Doodle!  I just started the Lose It app on my iPhone and am re-starting the Couch to 5K program (how I curse obesity and food addiction when I'm on the treadmill at 4 am).  You are certainly not the only one so I'll be glad to cheer you on!  My nut told me she advises people to do the first week of the two-week pre-op diet (2 protein shakes (Premier Nutrition recommended - 150 cals, 30g protein) and one meal a day of meat and veggies) - claims it acts as a "plateau buster".  If I remember correctly from the hazy hell that was the two-week pre-op diet, it was pretty much a "bust everything that gets in my way" diet - I was not my best self during that time.  But!  I am hoping that having Hulk (my term of endearment for my sometimes-grouchy "Hulk SMASH!" pouch) will make it easier. 

cajuntjm
on 10/17/11 7:20 am - Greensboro, NC
Thanks for the tips.  I have done really well so far today with capturing everything I'm eating and by just really focusing, I've already consumed about 98g of protein. I was really struggling in that area.

I like the two shake a day and protein and veggie for dinner.  I've already had my two shakes so a sensible dinner sounds good right about now.  I was all prepared to do the 5 day pouch test but I don't think I can do it at this time.

I need something I can stick with and I think just journaling might be the key for me.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views