6 days post op

Brandi S.
on 10/17/11 4:02 am - TX
Not feeling so well today. It seems like it's a day by day thing. Yesterday I was fine and today I woke up feeling like I wanted to puke. I'm still having problems getting all my fluids in, as nothing seems to taste good. It's a struggle every day but i'm working on it. Also, I'm having some soreness in my lower right abdomen, like I would during a period or something. It seems bizarre but it's not so bad so I'm gonna ride it out. I can't take my pain meds bc they make me itch. My dr told me to just take Benadryl with it but then it knocks me out. No thanks, I would rather be awake for the day and live with some discomfort. All in all, things haven't been as bad as I thought.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
newmerightnow
on 10/17/11 4:14 am - AK
Hang in there. You are my  motivator, since you are farther out than me.
Atleast now we are on the other side. Sounds like something out of a Star Wars movie...lol. Hugs, Crissie

Pholaris
on 10/17/11 4:19 am
Ask your doc for a different pain med. The itch is from the blood vessels dialating.

It is definitely a day to day thing. To make my water taste better I add a tiny bit of passion fruit juice, but be careful as you may not know yet if you dump on sugars or not is early out.
Pregnancy%20ticker
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 4:47 am - TX
Hang in there! I was feeling great on Day 6 and went back to work on Day 7, then ended up kind of relapsing for a few days because it was just too much. Then I was good for three weeks, overdid it again, and was down and out for two days. So just listen to your body and take it easy.

I would definitely ask for a different pain med. Not sure what your doc gave you, but the Hydrocodone made me itch uncontrollably. I changed to Lortab and it worked great with minimal drowsiness.
Gina1013
on 10/17/11 7:09 am - Canton, OH
Just curious because my fiance has problems (gets a itchy rash around his mouth/nose) with hydrocodone (ie vicodin)...since Lortab is hydrocodone, why does it not cause itching? Is it formulated differently? Did your Dr. explain it? thanks!

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 8:21 am - TX
I honestly cannot say. For me at times is as simple as pill form vs. liquid, or my doc has said even the inert ingredients can be the rason something does or doesnt work. the liquid lortab worked 1000x better than the pill form, too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 140 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views