6 weeks post-op nausea

Angie H.
on 10/23/11 10:25 am - TN
 I am 6 weeks out tomorrow and have done pretty well (one stricture about 2 weeks ago). All weekend I have been nauseated.   Just really queasy and nothing tastes good. Any advise? Really just wanna lay down and be really still. 

lanagirl
on 10/23/11 10:29 am
Hi, tomorrow is 6 weeks for me too. Are you on a PPI? if I have too much stomach acid I feel nauseous. Also try some Dramamine.

eunicemaythompson1

on 10/23/11 12:00 pm - WA
im on three naseau medicine plus a previcaf ad and im almost weeks out had to be put back in the hospital last week because it turned to dumping from dehydration. i hope this helps
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/11 12:00 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
If you're very nauseous, be aware that is a first sign of dehydration.  If you drink and still can't get
over the nausea, you might want to talk to your surgeon and perhaps be given an IV fluid. If you get
too dehydrated, you can't drink enough by mouth to alleviate it.

Also, my surgeon had me use Prilosec OTC for the first six weeks to combat nausea;  are you
taking any anti-nausea meds?  If you decide to try the Prilosec, be sure to consult your doctor.
missjann
on 10/23/11 12:50 pm
Since you say you had a stricture 2 weeks ago, I suggest you call your
surgeon. He should be the one to evaluate you and give you medical
advice. Good luck.
    Jan

hlacy
on 10/23/11 12:58 pm - Chandler, AZ
I had a bad spell with nausea at about the same point post-op. My doctor prescribed Zofran. It is a lifesaver.
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

jennibaby1979
on 10/23/11 4:28 pm - monticello, NY
i am also 6 weeks post op and have been sick for 24 hours now.....cant eat or drink anything. how will i know when i have become dehydrated?
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views