OMG Heaven in my mouth!

Susan_U
on 10/23/11 11:28 am - Ontario, CA
I went to Trader Joe's today to get things tht fit in with my new "allowed foods" list.  One of the things I bought was a package of Chicken-Apple sausages.  One link is 2 ounces. Only 5g sugars, 7g carbs, 11g protein.

Well, I just had one for dinner (ie it was my dinner).  I chewed very well--even if I didn't have to, that was a taste you don't want to rush through!  I am just now floating down to earth...      I can hardly wait until tomorrow!

HW: 260  -  Consult: 241  -  SW: 239  -  CW: 206  -  GW: 140

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Will Rogers

Loveshinesthru
on 10/23/11 11:33 am - Mesa, AZ
 are they in the frozen section? 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Susan_U
on 10/23/11 11:46 am - Ontario, CA
No, they are over in the refrigerated area.  The have several types of chicken sausages.  I also got a package of Smoked Andouille Chicken Sausage (1g sugars, 2g carbs, 21g protein!) that I can hardly wait to try.  :-)

Also picked up some turkey bacon that someone here recommended, two types of hummus (spicy and garlic), and edamame.

I bought something I hadn't planned on, though.  It is a little out there and I think maybe I should wait a long while before eating it.  As I passed the chip rack, the word "lentil" caught my eye and I stopped to look.  And there were Trader Joe's Baked Lentil Chips w/ sea salt & black pepper.  It was an impulse buy.

Here are the nutrition facts, do you agree I should wait? 

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 22 chips (1oz)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 30 Calories 110

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 3g 5%
  Saturated Fat 0g 0%
  Polyunsaturated Fat 0g  
  Monounsaturated Fat 0g  
  Trans Fat 0g  
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 220mg 9%
Potassium 0mg  
Total Carbohydrate 19g 6%
  Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
  Sugars 1g  
  Other Carbohydrate 0g  
Protein 4g  

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 6%

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Will Rogers

Loveshinesthru
on 10/23/11 11:50 am - Mesa, AZ
 Thats an awful lot of chips to get 4 g of protein.  I would prob skip it, but Im trying to stay away from foods like that. Maybe someone else can pipe in..

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Susan_U
on 10/23/11 11:56 am - Ontario, CA
LOL  No, I wasn't planning on eating that many!!  But perhaps 4 or 5 as a side to a meal--not really for the protein, but for variety.

Will Rogers

BugdocMom
on 10/23/11 11:36 am - CA
Really? That good, huh? I think I may grab some next time I go. I've got to run by Trader Joes  to pick up a few of their frozen Indian meals. Loving the vindaloo!! They were out of them in Temecula last week, I almost cried. The chicken tika masala is ok, but the vindaloo is heavenly...
Susan_U
on 10/23/11 11:59 am - Ontario, CA
Yes, I've had the vindaloo and the tika masala in the past.  But it will be quite a while before my surgeon allows me to eat them again.  Rice is a big no-no right now...

Will Rogers

BugdocMom
on 10/23/11 1:43 pm - CA
I don't eat the rice or much sauce for that matter. The amount of meat in the dinner is just about the amount I can eat in one sitting. I pick out the meat then give the sauce and rice to my kid to finish. He loves it too.
Godgaveus2
on 10/23/11 12:07 pm - WI
I love chicken sausage, at least preop I did, I hope I still do. I buy mine at Sam's Club, they have some great flavors, but my fav is the spinach asiago. Can't wait until I can have them again.
Bucketta
on 10/23/11 12:28 pm
 If you want chips order these  http://www.bariatricchoice.com/bariwise-protein-potato-chips -protein-snacks.html  they are wonderful.  I get the BBQ and buy 50 pkgs at a time.  I eat them about twice a week or when I think I have to have something salty. 10 g protein in each pkg and 2 g sugar, 14 total carbs and 5 grams fiber.  I took a pkg to my doctor one day and he could not believe how good they were and said they were fine to eat from time to time.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11