stall----staying off the scale.

findingmyself1994
on 10/24/11 12:08 pm

It's been a while since i have been on this forum. So after the first miserable 3 weeks post op(even with the weight loss) I am happy but i am at a stand still --- i keep going back and forth 236-237. Yes 40 pounds down but i want to loss another 30 now!! I am trying to be patient.. but since i was so miserable in the beginning --- i deserve it...I am happy to have some drive and motivation-- and i know that i can step it up a little too, especially with protein shakes....also a new pair of jeans would be nice----jk... i've losst weight in my face and legs--- but this damn stomach (not as bloated) is still massive...if you have any suggestions or tips please share-----

tiona

poet_kelly
on 10/24/11 12:14 pm - OH
Just stay off the scale. Seriously.  Getting on the scale more often does NOT cause more weight loss - it's not like you burn many calories stepping onto the scale, off the scale, back onto the scale again, right?  It just causes more frustration.

Of course you want the weight off NOW.  Unfortunately, there is not a form of WLS what gets it all off immediately.  Right now, you'll be better off staying off the scale and keeping track of progress in other ways.  Like, how far can you walk now without getting tired or out of breath?  Is it easier to bend over to put your shoes on yet?  How about shaving your legs?  Do you have more energy?  Fit in chairs with arms better?

Focus on the good things that are happening and stay off the scale for a while.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Donna D.
on 10/24/11 12:19 pm - Cockeysville, MD

Hang in there for what is worth, You look amazing!! Don't beat your self up, and stay focused It will start falling off again in no time!! Good luck!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

BBall58
on 10/24/11 1:29 pm - MD
I hit a stall at the 3 week mark.  After the longest 2 weeks of my life it stated to lose again.  DON'T LET IT GET TO YOU.  You will start to lose again soon.   Best of luck
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 10:47 pm - Boston, MA
 I know it's torture but the stalls do end.. my 3 week stall just ended 4 days ago and I've lost 5.4 lbs in 4 days without doing a single thing differentlly.. hope it keeps on moving!  good luck
findingmyself1994
on 10/24/11 11:20 pm
Thanks all!!!

~*K J*~
on 10/24/11 11:33 pm - MD
Hi! I am at a stall now and have not lost this week. However, I am trying to concentrate on things that are easier for me. I have lost 30 pounds and my body hurts less, I don't get out of breath, and I can bend easier. It's the little things. 
 ~*KJ* HW 330 Day of Sugery 320

Patti1md
on 10/25/11 12:31 am
It has been 3-weeks for me also.  I got on the scale this morning and I think it is beginning to move.

Kristi D.
on 10/25/11 9:24 am - Buffalo, NY
Just to give you some perspective, I was stalled for two months, then lost a bunch over a two week period and now I have been stalled again for the last 6 weeks.  Just keep on following your plan.  That's all we can do.

Kristi

HW:276   SW:255   CW:201  LW:165  GW:140

findingmyself1994
on 10/25/11 11:57 am

thanks everyone....needed to be reminded ---- Bless of luck wit all your weight loss ,,

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 451 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 345 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 345 views