Alternate "recipe" for hot protein chai

Frances S.
on 10/27/11 7:22 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 It's chilly in Upper Michigan.. and I work from home... in an unheated finished basement... come this time of the afternoon my fingers are chilled.. so I started making a protein chai drink.  I know Pam has a recipe that many love, but I didn't feel like looking it up.  I finally did today, and this is a bit different in that I'm making this one cup at a time..

First, put on a kettle for water and brew a cup of tea.  I've been using a decaf red chai tea bag.  I let this steep while I do the rest of the steps.

Take 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use a GNC version and it mixes extremely well -- it was pricey though) and mix in a small amount of milk.  today I also used a couple of pumps of sugar free cinnamon dolce syrup (from starbucks).  Also sprinkle in some cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.  Mix this mixture until its nice and smooth.  

Now take your steeped tea and slowly pour it into your protein mixture, stirring as you go.  If you steep your tea in a liquid measuring cup then its really easy to add it to your protein without making a mess.  Top with some whip if desired and enjoy :)

tobyiismom
on 10/27/11 7:25 am - IN
That sounds amazing!  Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Jane N.
on 10/27/11 8:00 am - Round Rock, TX
Sounds yummy!  Whenever I go to Starbucks (which is rarely) I get a chai latte with a scoop of protein which I love.  This sounds like it has even more flavor.