Protein Shake reciepes

Stacy11
on 10/29/11 1:47 am
I have tried whey protein with half bannanna and ice...  What is your favorite? i need to try some ideas. please help!
Lori O.
on 10/29/11 2:11 am - NC
 I have found this site to be very helpful in planning for my upcoming surgery: http://www.pouchfriendly.com/searchresult.php?sbcat_id=24

There are a couple of pages of shake recipes on there.

Lori O.

S. Evans
on 10/29/11 2:55 am
I like chocolate whey protien, skim mil**** and a tablespoon of fat free sugar free hazelnut coffee creamer
LADYBUG 75
on 10/29/11 3:05 am - Indianapolis, IN
My current faves are chocolate protein powder, half a little tube of instant decaf coffee (probably like 1 1/2 teaspoons), and 1 T chocate sf syrup.  Or chocolate protein powder and peppermint extract (just 1/4 t).  Quick and easy!
Tina

Nothing will work unless you do.-- Maya Angelou

Sara L.
on 10/29/11 4:59 am
I've tried a bunch of different proteins, my current favorite is Jay Robb chocolate. I mix 6 ounces of skim milk, 3 ice cubes, 1 scoop chocolate and 1/2 scoop nectar cappuccino all together in the magic bullet. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of PB2 instead of the cappuccino.
You will just have to keep trying different things until you find something more palatable.

poet_kelly
on 10/29/11 5:09 am - OH

Here's my favorite.  One cup skim milk, vanilla protein powder, a spoonful of Maxwell House International French vanilla cafe mix (sugar free, decaf), made in the blender with a handful of ice.  Tastes like a frozen coffee drink, like you'd buy at Starbucks.  If you prefer a mocha drink, use chocolate protein powder and Maxwell House International Suisse mocha mix, also sugar free and decaf.

Lately I've been enjoying hot protein drinks more than cold shakes, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

unewillow
on 10/29/11 7:10 am - CT
My current fav is from Eggface's website. It's a cup of vanilla soy milk, 2 pumps of strawberry SF torani syrup, scoop of vanilla protein powder, tbsp of SF cheesecake jello pudding mix and 3 ice cubes spun down in my bullet. Tastes pretty dang close to strawberry chessecake.

Price S.
on 10/29/11 8:51 am - Mills River, NC
eggface has tons of recipies as does bariatric foodie.

I'm like Kelly, drinking hot mostly these days.  But I made a pumpkin shake that was good last night.  1/2c water, 1/4c canned pumpkin, 1/2t pumpkin pie spice, 2 pks sweetner, 1.5 scoop vanilla protein, 8 ice cubes and blend.  Yummmy

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 432 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?