Protein

Stacy11
on 10/29/11 1:34 am
Man getting it in is hard. doc said  20 grams at each meal. I am  3 weeks out from surgey and just trying to gag that protein shakes down is killing me. when i do try to eat a meal i feel ughhh if i could drink or eat nothing I would. I know I have to try more. I am trying new protein drink today. anyone else have a hard time getting in those shakes? any other ideas? the nurse told me to try cottage cheese in the morning   UGHHHH i love cottage cheese but i can barely get anything past my mouth in the morning as it is... Kinda feeling down, went to sons game last night everyone was eating around me this is much harder mentally than I thought it would be. Several people told me this was mental and i thought I knew what they ment - NOW I DO!   Any suggestions would be helpful!

THanks,
Stacy
Roxy_52
on 10/29/11 1:50 am - MN
Try some yoplait greek yogart.  Don't buy the other brands-they taste horrible.
heres2changingmylife
on 10/29/11 1:57 am
Food never agrees with me early in the morning either so I am depending on protein coffee or protein tea.......The way I do it is to mix chocolate protein powder in a small amount of room temperature water then add the hot coffee while stirring (or use a stick  blender or magic bullet) I also add sugar free carmel or sugar free vanilla flavoring syrups..........tastes like a cappacunio (SP)

Nik's bariatric foodie site has many other hot protein drinks so check that site for more ideas.

S. Evans
on 10/29/11 2:59 am
Chocolate whey protien, skim mil**** and a tablespoon of fat free sugar free hazelnut coffee creamer and blend that baby...sooo good. for breakfast I eat ground turkey sausage with one egg and a little salsa. For lunch I like canned chicken drain it add half a package of cream cheese and a can of rotel and heat...it will last you days and it is so good.
poet_kelly
on 10/29/11 4:07 am - OH
There's no way I could get 20 grams per meal in the beginning.  Actually, I don't often get that much per meal now at three years out.

Try Greek yogurt.  Get the plain, no added sugar.  Then add stuff to it for flavor.  Lately I've been loving it with cheesecake flavor sugar free pudding mix and some pumpkin puree.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Stacy11
on 10/29/11 5:40 am
 Thank u all so much I really appreciate your ideas 
Most Active
Recent Topics