Discouraged, waiting on approval

Jocelynn
on 11/3/11 3:17 pm - Leeper, PA
It has been 3 weeks since the surgeon's office submitted everything to my insurance company (aetna) and no word yet. I'm starting to get REALLY worried!!

I know there was some kind of hold up the first week because the insurance company needed more info about my past weight from my family doctor. I'm just getting so worried... is it normal for it to take this long? I was told by the surgeon's office that it usually takes about a week.

Has anyone else had problems with Aetna? What if I don't get approved? I'm going crazy with worry here! One minute I'm telling myself that if they were going to say no, they would have done that before now. Then the next minute I'm expecting to be rejected. But I seriously don't know, and it's becoming harder and harder to stay positive... any advice?
fatoldbat
on 11/3/11 10:09 pm
just a thought....are you sure your family doctor has sent the required info to the insurance company?  that was an issue with mine.  i called the dr's office and they said....we have it here, we just haven't faxed it yet! 

i was told that the insurance companies in Georgia have 30 days to make their decision.  don't know if its the same in your area.

hope you hear of your approval really soon!
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
iowa_missie74
on 11/4/11 1:32 am - IA
My insurance company has 30 days to make a decision and I constantly told myself they were going to deny me, but they did end up approving me. You can always call the insurance company. My insurance people couldn't tell me the decision but they could tell me if it was sent back to my dr or not. Good luck, I hope you get approved!