Olive Garden

Stacy11
on 11/4/11 9:03 am
So the co- workers want to buy me lunch- from Olive Garden.. Surgey was  Oct 6th so it will be month on Sunday-  any suggestions what to get? I thought soup for sure... i would love salad but dont think I can eat it just yet- ohhh this is the hardest thing about having this done :)
Zeigled
on 11/4/11 9:26 am - Parkton, MD
I would really stick with the soup only at 1 month.  You don't want to barf.
HW 357 SW 341   

poet_kelly
on 11/4/11 9:53 am - OH
Check out the nutritional info online so you can make sure you're getting something appropriate.  I would not do salad so soon, either.  I also suggest not trying something you haven't already eaten with no problems - you don't want to get sick at the Olive Garden.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

fatfreemama
on 11/4/11 10:02 am - San Jose, CA
When I was that far out, we went to the Olive Garden. I asked them for the salmon with the sauce on the side, steamed veggies with nothing added and a baked potato with everything on the side. That way I got everything relatively plain.

Jan
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

iowa_missie74
on 11/4/11 10:34 am - IA
Enjoy Olive Garden! My friends want to take me but I'm too apprehensive about going yet. I think I'd stick to the soup, but check the fat content first. Would suck to have an episode of dumping syndrome there at the restaurant with your friends. Hope you get to go and everything goes smoothly!

Godgaveus2
on 11/4/11 11:29 am - WI
You could get a meatball or meatsauce with melted cheese.  You could also get a small piece of lasagna and scrape the meat and chese off of the noodles.  I did that pretty early out when my family wanted to go to Fazoli's for dinner.  Good luck.
PTM
on 11/4/11 1:34 pm
My husband and daughters are big Olive Garden fans (well, so was I before surgery) and when we go there, I almost always get the soup. Either the pasta e fagioli or the minestrone. Salad is getting easier, but it didn't work well when I was in the early days following surgery.
Margaret   HW: 342    SW: 320    CW:  228    GW:  175    3          
hlacy
on 11/4/11 3:20 pm - Chandler, AZ
I'd say the minestrone or pasta e fagoli soup. The kids menu used to have a grilled chicken breast with pasta and steamed broccoli as sides. You could get that without the pasta.
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

dancerwife
on 11/4/11 6:32 pm
This early I would definitely stick with the soup.  The breadsticks will be on the table, don't do it!!!  I'm 19 months out and went to Olive Garden the other day for soup.  I had literally one bite of the breadstick, funny thing is that it doesn't taste as good as I remember.

3/24/10 - 297 lbs the day of surgery    
janet2921
on 11/5/11 7:17 am - Chicago, IL
I am almost 3 years out. I love Olive Garden. Nowadays, I have a little salad (shared with my son) and the minestrone soup. 

Janet
"Respect the pouch & embrace the scale."

cent100

Most Active
Recent Topics