Horrible Gag Reflex

jojo3283
on 11/9/11 9:24 am - OK
Literally i gag on my small vitamins, slightest smells, food. Take a zofran and things are ok. But this to me isn't something that should be happening. I am about 2 weeks shy of 3 months. The good thing is though that when I do eat and get liquids in they stay so dont think its srticture.... whats wrong with me!!!!

Doing this for ME !!!                 
      Highest Weight 260 / Surgery Weight 235 /  My Goal 160 / Dr Goal 135                  

poet_kelly
on 11/9/11 9:58 am - OH
If you're gagging on smells, that's not a stricture.

Some people seem to be more sensitive to smells and tastes for a while after surgery.  So this might get better over time.

I'm curious, though.  You don't gag on the zofran?  I know those are pretty small, but if you are gagging on other small pills, I wonder why that is?

Take the zofran if you need it.  Do you do better with chewable or liquid vitamins right now?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jojo3283
on 11/10/11 9:08 am - OK
Dont gag on the Zofan beacus i have the dissolving tabs since they work a lot faster and my insurance actually covered them. I only take the chewable tabs but the 2 caps that I gag on are Mega Red since I can't take the fish oil packets due to the taste and my Omeprazole and i am thinking that i am going to see if i can get that in the dissolveable tabs since i really need them due to ulcers.

Doing this for ME !!!                 
      Highest Weight 260 / Surgery Weight 235 /  My Goal 160 / Dr Goal 135                  

Dave Chambers
on 11/9/11 12:10 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Nausea from odors can be an issue. Usually it's greasy food smells, but it could be other odors also. At 5 1/2 years post op, I still have nausea from the odor of cooking bacon.  This issue may wane in time, but some odors may still bother you long range. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active
Recent Topics