I'm getting so worried...

Korlis
on 11/18/11 7:44 pm - CA
Hi everyone! I'm 8mos post op and have lost 160lbs so far :) Feeling great, and feeling like I'm looking great.

But very recently I've been feeling like I'm overeating...I'm not getting that 'full' feeling as fast. And as I'm eating a meal I start thinking, "hmm am I eating enough?" ugh! So, I eat until I get that full feeling and then I start to think..."was that wise? is that the feeling I need to feel or did I have enough before I felt that?"

Anyone else go or going through this? Any advice? I'm so fearful of failing...

Highest Weight: 421
Surgery Weight: 369
Current Weight: 250
Price S.
on 11/18/11 7:58 pm - Mills River, NC
Sounds like you have done well. 

What does your plan say about how much to eat now?  Are you weighing or measuring your food?  At 8 months, I was probably eating about 3/4 to 1 cup of food at a meal.  Maybe 2-3oz of dense protein and a little veggies.  If you are eating more than that, maybe you need to rethink.  You need around 1000-1200 calories a day.  Are you tracking your intake?

I find that what I CAN and and what I SHOULD eat are sometimes different.  I try to stick to the SHOULD to build healthy habits for the future instead of pushing the limits which never helped me before.  I am much better at that if I actually weigh and measure because one ounce of cheese becomes two in a blink of an eye.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Korlis
on 11/19/11 3:30 am - CA
Hello :)

Well, I see a lot of ppl here have 'plans' ... The only paperwork or plan I got when I was getting ready for surgery and then immediately after for like clear liquids, full liquids, pureed, etc...

I can eat about 1c at a meal, but I find that I'm still hungry. I'm not getting that 'ugh I feel it in my throat' feeling anymore. The full feeling was VERY apparent, no mistaking it, and now it's taking longer to feel that. Guess I relied on it to tell me I was full and now I'm scared I messed up.

Unfortunately I'm not tracking my intake...maybe there's my problem. And I know I'm not getting enough water in. I just don't think about it...ugh! lol So, I'm going to start tracking. I know I'm not getting that many calories in. (I've also slipped a little on the exercise...)

Looks like I need to start over. I do need to rethink. Thank you so much for your help :)

pattymac65
on 11/18/11 11:09 pm
160 lbs in 8 months is AWESOME!  Congratulations!!  Try not to worry and ask your nutritionist.  Price had a great point... what we should eat and what we can eat are two different things.  
Korlis
on 11/19/11 3:31 am - CA
Thank you! I feel great. I still have a ways to go, but I've come sooo far, too.

Should vs. Can....got it :)
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?